    SCSI LVD. I also emailed Adaptec but have not had a reply. Can anyone
    advise which Adaptec card I need.

    Thanks

    r, Feb 14, 2005

  2. r

    philo Guest

    r wrote:
    > I am about to purchase a Quantum Certance DAT 72 Tape drive and would like
    > to know which SCSI card to use. The drive sped says it has an Ultra2 SCSI
    > LVD - 68 pin D-Sub (HD-68) interface.
    >
    > I looked on the Adaptec web site but could not find any reference to Ultra2
    > SCSI LVD. I also emailed Adaptec but have not had a reply. Can anyone
    > advise which Adaptec card I need.
    >
    > Thanks

    this looks like it will work
    if your mobo is pci-x capable

    philo, Feb 14, 2005

  3. On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:18:12 -0600, philo <> wrote:

    >r wrote:
    >> I am about to purchase a Quantum Certance DAT 72 Tape drive and would like
    >> to know which SCSI card to use. The drive sped says it has an Ultra2 SCSI
    >> LVD - 68 pin D-Sub (HD-68) interface.
    >>
    >> I looked on the Adaptec web site but could not find any reference to Ultra2
    >> SCSI LVD. I also emailed Adaptec but have not had a reply. Can anyone
    >> advise which Adaptec card I need.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >this looks like it will work
    >if your mobo is pci-x capable

    Clueless. 32/33 pci is fine

    You need either a

    AHA-2940U2W
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...ss=no&language=English+US&prodkey=AHA-2940U2W

    or any of the Ultra160 or 320 cards
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...logy/SCSI+Host+Adapters&fromPage=supportindex

    you could also get by with some of the older cards (depending on the
    actual thruput of the drive & as long as you don't pick a HVD card
    like the 2944UW) but you could come by a 2940U2W for like 20USD on
    ebay.

    A simple cheap lSI U160 controller, for example, is likely a safe
    non-adaptec option for under 40USD delivered
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...ATT=Hard+Drive+Controlle&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

    Curious George, Feb 15, 2005
  4. To try to be a little clearer

    any of the cards listed on the page below as "Ultra2 Family",
    "Ultra160 Family", & "Ultra320 Family"
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...logy/SCSI+Host+Adapters&fromPage=supportindex
    would definitely work and connect at the highest speed/scsi protocol
    the drive supports (Ultra2 LVD).

    Some of the older cards on that page will work also but not in LVD
    mode & may not be worth it as LVD cards need not be expensive.

    Again the AHA-2940U2W is a damn good card. The AHA-3950U2 as well as
    the Ultra 160 & 320 cards are overkill for just this drive but
    absolutely fine.

    K?

    Curious George, Feb 15, 2005
  5. r