Windows 10 Scrolling with mouse wheel

Reaction score
This is an annoyance rather than a serious problem, but I'd love to sort it out.

I like to scroll just 4 lines per click when I use the mouse wheel but whenever I boot up the system has reset this to 15 lines and I have to go into settings and reset. The setting then remains fine - until I close down and re-boot, when I have to go back into settings again !

I've looked at the registry but can't see anything obvious to adjust ; I'll mention that I'm no expert but am willing to make technical adjustments if I can be pointed in the right direction

As I say, it's an annoyance - I generally only have to change once a day (when I initially boot up) but if someone can tell me how to fix it I'd appreciate it !

Interestingly, I only have this problem on my desktop ; my laptop (where I still prefer to use a proper mouse) gives me no such difficulty

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Any stand alone mouse drivers/software installed?

Reaction score
Sorry, V_R, probably me being thick but don't know ; this is a Microsoft wireless keyboard/ 800/Wireless Mouse 1000 combo which, when I originally put it on the system installed automatically.

Sorry, used to be good with hardware but 10 years since retirement and I've lost track of things !

Ask a Question