    And loving it,

    -Q

    (Replace the "SixFour" with numbers to email me)

    Qu0ll, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Qu0ll

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    The fix is to figure out what software you are running that is interfering
    with it kicking on. I've never had any Windows machine (or linux for that
    matter) that the screensaver did not work on. Start by disabling background
    applications, especially AV, P2P, IM, and distributed computing programs.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick Rogers, Apr 25, 2008

  3. Qu0ll

    Qu0ll Guest

    "Rick Rogers" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > The fix is to figure out what software you are running that is interfering
    > with it kicking on. I've never had any Windows machine (or linux for that
    > matter) that the screensaver did not work on. Start by disabling
    > background applications, especially AV, P2P, IM, and distributed computing
    > programs.

    Well I have never had a Windows machine of any flavour that had a
    screensaver that worked ALL the time. My Linux machines have never had such
    problems.

    OK so I need to disable some background process... but what's the point of
    disabling AV when everyone knows you cannot live without it? I don't use
    any IM or P2P programs so what else could it be?

    Qu0ll, Apr 25, 2008
  4. Qu0ll

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    I just listed the most frequent causes, you're going to have to run the
    gamut of software on your installation to figure it out. Look especially at
    the autoloads section. Make sure you include any services they add as well,
    not just the program.

    I'm not suggesting you run without AV, but you do need to eliminate it as a
    potential cause.

    Rick Rogers, Apr 25, 2008