    Is there any software that can to it properly? any recommendation?
    my scanner is CanoScan D1250U2

    , Sep 9, 2006

  2. AAvK Guest

    >I want to scan a whole chaper of a book, but i don't know what software
    > can do it properly without having too large file size.
    > Is there any software that can to it properly? any recommendation?
    > my scanner is CanoScan D1250U2

    Vuescan will work great, it has pdf output, but for your specific scanner
    Vuescan requires that the original scanning software made for your scanner
    be installed for it to work with, or from, probably using just the driver.
    You get the features however, famous ones at that. I did scan an entire
    book to pdf using Vuescan on a Umax Powerlook III. Took me two weeks.
    http://www.hamrick.com/ download it and go through it a ton, takes a bit
    of intuition, you'll wind up loving it.

    --
    }<)))*> Giant_Alex
    cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

    AAvK, Sep 9, 2006

  3. On 8 Sep 2006 23:29:59 -0700, wrote:

    >I want to scan a whole chaper of a book, but i don't know what software
    >can do it properly without having too large file size.
    >Is there any software that can to it properly? any recommendation?
    >my scanner is CanoScan D1250U2

    It depends on what you want to do. If you want the smallest file size,
    and time is not important, then scan and OCR the chapter. A good OCR
    program will produce a word processor file, then print that file to a
    PDF producer, like Acrobat, generating a PDF from the text. That
    should produce a really small file, but perfectly legible text.
    The scanner isn't too important, as long as it will scan the page size
    you need at 300 ppi.
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Sep 9, 2006