Scan.co.uk - Disgusted

Reaction score
Purchased multiple terms from Scan on 08/03, totalling nearly £1,000. I received the items on 10/03 and noticed the a CPU fan pin was missing on the motherboard (there were only 3, not 4). Called scan on 11/03 to make them aware so I could get a replacement, I made them fully aware that I had tried to install it as well and was not made aware this would be an issue. Once they had received it, I got an email from them stating that they had "declined my warrenty" as there was apparently more damage to the motherboard than I had stated and also evidence of installation was there. I made them aware that I attempted to install it and they could not provide me of any proof of the other broken components so this was clearly just their way of getting out replacing/refunding the item. Spent a few days back and forth with Scan demanding my money back and all they offered is a possible repair at the cost of £25. If I accepted this, they wanted me to sign a waver to say I am happy that they may not be able to repair it and there is no timescale given even though I was in my legal right to get a refund. I therefore escalated the complaint to the retail ombudsman, but unfortunately they advised they were unable to help due to the lack of co-operation they have given in previous cases. I therefore escalated this to trading standards and citizens advice who did confirm I was legally entitled to a refund, so again went around in circles with Scan who kept saying I was in "breach of my warrenty". Luckily Scan are google certified, so I took my complaint up with Google. They refunded me the £150 I had spent on this item after a few days of correspondence with them and advised they would chase Scan for the money. This has only been fully resolved on
It seems Scan are happy to take your money but as soon as your receive a faulty item, they will do everything in their power to refuse a refund or help in anyway. I will never use Scan again!!

Reaction score
Website wrongly advertised 3 x free games if you bought a certain graphics card for £269 inc. delivery. Was informed after purchasing, receiving and installing the card that there was an error in the listing, and that I could not redeem one of the games. Approached customer services to see if they can offer a discount or freebie to make up for the game lost from my order, as I could have bought the card cheaper elsewhere. Only offer I got was to faff around uninstalling the graphics card from my PC and returning it for a refund. I only asked for a cheap £15 freebie (cables or coolerfan) but they were unwilling to offer anything.

I understand it was a simple error by whoever manages the website, but I've been left out of pocket. Fast delivery but poor customer care. Won't be buying from them again.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened to you @Chiropta :( It's frustrating when things like that happen - all it takes is a swift apology and some form of recompense and most people walk away happy. It's so easy to do, yet so many companies don't bother.

But welcome to the forum! :)

Ask a Question