    Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
    I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
    with this program.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!! I
    can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    The windows media maker does not support DVD's...you need a third party
    software that makes DVD's for that. I can't even burn my project to a
    regular Cd!!!

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    What you are doing and what you are saying appear to be 2 different things.
    You obviously know the need for third party software to author a DVD. But why
    are you trying to save the PROJECT on a CD? Or are you really trying to save
    MOVIE to CD? Your first post mentioned the Save Movie Wizard, but the second
    post you said Save Project. These are 2 different things.

    If you are trying to get the movie on CD and its small enough to fit, save
    it to the hard drive then burn the data file with cd burning software.

    Steve

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    I don't think you read my posts correctly...I am trying to save my movie
    project on a CD and it will not work. I can save it on my hard drive but
    cannot burn it to a CD thru WMM. When you burn thru WMM you use the wizard
    and that is the error message it gives me. Yes, I can burn thru other
    software but should be able to burn using this too!!

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    I agree with Steve. The issue of not being able to use the save movie wizard
    to save to a CD has come up many many times and the fact is that it isn't
    that much harder to save it to your hard drive and then burn it to the CD.
    You don't even need the CD burning software Steve suggests. Windows Explorer
    will do the trick just by dragging it to the CD burner drive designation,
    select that drive, click "burn these files to CD" and your done.
    -Wojo

    Wojo, Oct 22, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    Blazeman
    If you are trying to use the "Save to CD" option with a DVD in the drive
    that will not work.
    If you have the "Save to DVD" option on your version of WMM then it should
    be working but that option only creates a very simple DVD without menus and
    chapter points etc...
    To do anything worthwhile as a DVD you do need a DVD Authoring program such
    as one of those listed in the "DVD Programs" section of my website.
    --
    Wojo's Place:
    http://wojos-web.tk

    Wojo, Oct 22, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    He understood the post exactly the way you wrote it.
    I understand what you are meaning to say but what you are saying is that you
    are trying to save the "Project files" to a CD which of course you can't do
    through WMM and I can't imagine why you would want to.
    -Wojo

    Wojo, Oct 22, 2005

    yes i said I was saving a project, not project files, and again I am asking
    for help in burning a CD from WMM, but thank you for the advice as to burning
    from my hard disk.

    Guest, Oct 22, 2005

    Awelch Guest

    Saving a project means saving the files <clips> that make up your
    project. But saving a movie saves your piece as a single file.

    Awelch, Oct 22, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    Anyway we now know what you meant so we will call it semantics.
    Yes saving to the HDD and going from there is probably your best bet.
    -Wojo

    Wojo, Oct 24, 2005

    I can't seem to post a new question, so maybe someone can help me here.

    I downloaded from Canon mini Dv, and created a nice movie in .wmv format.
    Plays nice on computer. But I cannot burn a DVD with this format using Sony
    NERO software. What do I do; can I save it in some other format that will
    allow me to burn DVD? Do not want to do entire movie over.

    Guest, Oct 26, 2005

    I just tried my Windows movie maker for the first time today. I made a movie
    and want to burn it to a disc for my mother inlaw. I clicked copy to cd. I
    received a error saying a cd recording device cannot be found. But Iv'e been
    using my CD-DVD-RW with outher software

    Guest, Oct 31, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    Are you trying to burn to a CD or a DVD?
    If you click "Save to CD" and are using a DVD you will get this message.
    I usually recommend saving to the hard drive and going from there to get the
    file to CD or DVD using other software.

    Wojo, Nov 7, 2005

    Wojo Guest

    Nero is not made by Sony MyDVD is.
    If you are using a full version of Nero then you should have Nero Vision
    Express which will accept WMV files but it is recommended that you save your
    movie as a DV-AVI instead and AFAIK all quality DVD Authoring programs
    accept AVI files.

    Wojo, Nov 7, 2005