    respectively. And not that it makes a noticeable difference either way but
    Tools > Options > File Locations > Documents is already set to C:\two. Any
    suggestions? :)

    Guest, Jul 20, 2006

  2. See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm .

    garfield-n-odie [MVP], Jul 20, 2006

    I see how that works, and you're on the right track, but the situation that
    page describes programatically saves the document with the same name in a
    different but fixed folder. What I'm looking to do is open the SaveAs window
    defaulting to C:\two so that the user can browse to another folder and/or
    rename the file if they want. I understand I *could* use the gmayor
    technique, change the filename and path values to variables, and prompt the
    user but that seems far more cumbersome to the user than it's worth.

    Anyone else?

    Guest, Jul 20, 2006