    Geoff Blyth

    --
    G R Blyth

    Geoff, Oct 27, 2004

  2. "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    news:SXFfd.204$
    > For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
    > Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
    > jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done !!!
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Geoff Blyth

    That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
    Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
    files section of the General tab. On the next window place a check mark in
    the box to Delete all offline content.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
    This doesn't seem to be the cause !
    Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?

    Regards Geoff Blyth

    Geoff, Oct 27, 2004
  4. "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
    > This doesn't seem to be the cause !
    > Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?
    >
    > Regards Geoff Blyth
    >

    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>> For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
    >>> Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
    >>> jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done
    >>> !!! Any help appreciated
    >>>
    >>> Geoff Blyth

    >> That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE
    >> click Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary
    >> Internet files section of the General tab. On the next window place
    >> a check mark in the box to Delete all offline content.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    >> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    >> http://www.fjsmjs.com
    >> Protect your PC
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

    Are you checking the box to Delete all offline content?

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Yep

    Geoff, Oct 28, 2004
  6. "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Yep

    Sorry, but in that case I have no idea.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Geoff

    Jan Il Guest

    Hi Geoff :)

    Try the following and see if it helps:

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with Correct
    Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;250747

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260650

    and......

    Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    also.......

    It may be that your cache folder is corrupted. Try the following to
    recreate it.

    Recreating the cache, history and cookie folders when corrupted
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers_8.htm#deltree

    Jan Il, Oct 28, 2004
  8. Geoff

    Guest Guest

    Frank - thanks, I've been trying to fix this problem all day, been in several
    newsgroups and followed many suggestions, however you were the only one to
    note "check the box to delete off-line content" - small note, but HUGE
    importance.
    BTW - is "off-line" content saved somewhere on my HD where I could view it?

    Guest, Oct 30, 2004