Sale : Dell Inspiron 510m Laptop PC - Pentium M 2.0GHz, 40GB, 512 MB

Reaction score
Hello All.

I am selling my Dell Inspiron 510m Laptop computer.

The specs are as follows...

-------------------------------------------------------

Laptop Model

Dell Inspiron 510m

Condition
100% Working (slight scratch on back cover & wear on L. Mouse button)

Warranty
On-Site (Next Business Day) - aprox. 440 days left

General System Info...

CPU / Processor
Pentium Mobile (PM) 2.0GHz, 2MB (Centrino)

Screen Type & Size
15.0" SXGA+ (1400x 1050)

RAM
512MB DDR

Hard Drive
40GB (5,400rpm)

CD Drive
DVD ± RW (Duel Layer)

WiFi
Intel Pro Wireless 2100

LAN
10/100 MB/s Internal LAN

Modem
Internal 56KB/s standard modem.

------------------------------------------------

I have a signed certificate from Dell saying that it is fully working and passes their quality control (dated 01/06/06) & I have the original invoice.

I will admit, in the past, the hard drive has 'gone' several times, but Dell has diagnosed this as a problem with the motherboard, and has fixed it. I have not had a hard drive die on me since!

Because it is a powerful machine, with a PM 2.0GHz, the asking price is £420.00 + del of buyers choice.

I know i can get about that on eBay for it, prehaps a bit more, but i dont want to bother with all the selling fees and waiting for someone to bid etc.

If you require any more info, please let me know.

KGB

This photo is a guidline only, i will take a picture of the actual laptop if you want me to:

dell510m.jpg

BACK: [Ports in order: USBx2, S-Video, Modem, LAN, Printer, Monitor, Serial, Power Connector]
SIDE: [Ports in order: Firewire, PCMCIA, IR, MIC, Headphone]
BASE: [Docking Connector]

Reaction score
With 2 batteries - lasting aprox 3hrs between them, power supply. XP Home is installed.

Reaction score
I think it is time to move on, i am after a widescreen one now because i watch a lot of DVDs on it, and all my DVDs are widescreen. I am also after a core duo so that i can export movies and do something else at the same time, without losing system performance.

Basically, it is just time for an upgrade...

Reaction score
Not yet, but i didnt expect it to sell here.

I am listing it tonight on eBay so it will end in 10 days time, on friday evening.

I'll post the link in case someone decides they want to buy it, then they can go and bid on it!

Reaction score
well at least you tired eh
you simply can not do anymore

ebay is probably the best idea
but do be careful about new members or weird bidders

i presume u are going through paypal
probably the best way to do it as its a lot of money
just dont get scammed!!

good luck

Reaction score
I also tried getting quotes from online seccond hand laptop dealers - i was offered £235!

For a machine that is worth £1,630 new (it is no longer available admitidly) i do not think i will be selling it for that!

I realise of cource that it has lost a LOT of value, just being a couple of years old, but i think that £400 is still reasnoble for it.

--

I won't accept any bids from people with low feedback ratings unless they ask me first.

I also will not ship outside the UK, where most scammers try and get you to post to, offering stupid prices like £2000, and wanting to pay by Western Union. I am accepting PayPal or cheque - but only posting once cheque has cleared.

I have never sold anything this big on eBay before, so i don't know what their fees will be!

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
I also will not ship outside the UK, where most scammers try and get you to post to, offering stupid prices like £2000, and wanting to pay by Western Union. I am accepting PayPal or cheque - but only posting once cheque has cleared.

I have never sold anything this big on eBay before, so i don't know what their fees will be!

good on you are wise not no KGB for nothing!!!?

be cautious about cheques sometimes people can really con you with them!!!

yer paypal will take a percentage not so sure probably best to ask

best would be cash in person if u find someone who is local
that probably would be the best

Reaction score
Auction is live!

[Canceled, URL removed]

Ends in 10 days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hopefully somone will start the bidding off early.

hasn't got any bids yet... but it has been 11 hours.

good luck Chris.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
It will all happen in the last 20 minutes.

u mean last 5 seconds!!

lol
well that is how I operate!!

Reaction score
sadly i had to cancel that listing because there was a mistke in the laptop details. There were already bids so i could not edit it. I will post back later with the new URL to the auction, but i am trying to arange a private sale first - i have someone who is interested.

Reaction score
damn
so like where does that leave your bidders if there was any?

Reaction score
psd99 said:
damn
so like where does that leave your bidders if there was any?

There were 2 bidders, 3 bids.

I have emailed the bidders telling them what happened and i will send them the new link when it is up.

Reaction score
New link:

(link removed)

ends 7 days from today!

Happy Bidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed you've changed, is the processor description from Pentium4 Mobile (P4-M) 2.0Ghz Centrino to a Pentium Mobile (PM) 2.0Ghz Centrino - not being up on these things - what exactly is the difference between them?

*Oh, and by the way Duel Layer is spelt Dual Layer ;)

:D

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The only thing I've noticed you've changed, is the processor description from Pentium4 Mobile (P4-M) 2.0Ghz Centrino to a Pentium Mobile (PM) 2.0Ghz Centrino - not being up on these things - what exactly is the difference between them?

*Oh, and by the way Duel Layer is spelt Dual Layer ;)

:D

As ebay did you have "Pentium M" i thought that there was no differenace, i guessed it was another name for it. It turns out that they are 2 totally different things. - that is why i had to cancel it!

P 4-M is a P4 that is smaller and uses less power.

PM is a completly different CPU.

Ask a Question