Windows XP s-video to tv..black& white

Reaction score
any one tel me what im doing wrong finaly figured out how to get picture on tv but its black n white n no sound using tv out (s-video) to tv scart.am i using right lead?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Could also be how you have the settings set up on the graphics card panel.

Not sure on ATI but if you using an Nvidia card go to the control panel, video and television and click on 'change the signal or HD format'. It should be set on UK I/PAL. :)

Oh and S-Video dont carry sound.

I used this.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you need to connect a couple of pins in the scart socket, hopefully you have one that opens up easy enough

you need to connect the number 15 and 20 pinn iirc, google to check though

also you wont get sound down the s-video cable, you'll either need a cable that has a audio and s-video to scart or a seperate sound cable and a means to connect it to the tv

Reaction score
Kinda Sorted The Black N White Screen,colours Are Just Off Now ,eg..the Grass Is Pink..bought A Seperate Sound Cable All Good..so If I So Solder A Wire To Them 2 Pins Will It Solve The Odd Colours?thanks

Reaction score
Come Across It Wile Was Messing Wi Remote Control, When The Scart Lead Cable I Have Is Set Up There Is An Extra Option On Tv Remote Control ,in Menu.....scart Input Which Was Set On 'av' Changed It To 'sv' & Got Colour,good Picture To .just The Colours Are All Mixed Up

Reaction score
:) SORTED IT,AFTER CHANGING SCART INPUT TO 'SV' I SHOULD OF DONE WHAT V_R TOLD ME TO DO N CHANGE TO UK I-PAL,WOULDNT LET ME DO THAT FIRST TIME I TRYED MUST OF BEEN BECAUSE HAD IT SET TO 'AV'..THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP:wave:

Ask a Question