When it was with Access 97, clicking on FRM_Synchronize worked without an
error. However, ever since the data converted into Access 2002, it gave
'Runtime error 3086:Could not delete linked table...' I found the fact that
#3086 stands for 'web query'.

The below code is being used for the FRM_synchronize, since Access 97.
=========
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private Sub Command0_Click()
Form.SetFocus
Text1.Value = "Synchronizing... please wait ..."
Text1.SetFocus
Command0.Enabled = False
DoEvents
CurrentDb.Execute "DELETE FROM WEB_PROPERTY"
CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO WEB_PROPERTY ( PROPERTY_ID, ..., , ...,
DETAILS, ..., ..._NAME ) SELECT [INVENTORY - MASTER].... FROM [INVENTORY -
MASTER];"
DoEvents
Text1.Value = "Done"
MsgBox "Done"
Command0.Enabled = True
End Sub

----------------------------------
When I click on Table: linked ODBC for "WEB_PROPERTY", I could see the table
from the web server. The ODBC connection was no problem.

Debug stopped at CurrentDb.Execute "DELETE FROM WEB_PROPERTY"

Would appreciate helps. I want to know how to make it work. Anyone who is
familar with delete and insert tables through the linked ODBC:Table, please
help me.

No I was not able to delete or add record from data sheet view of the table.

Rob Oldfield said:
If you open the ODBC table, does it let you delete rows manually?

Gregory said:
Hi,
We have been using the linked ODBC tables same Access data base. The only
change made was a convertion from Access 97 to Access 2002. All others like
ODBC configuration, DNS, Linked ODBC Tables etc are same as before.
Client system is; WinXP, Oracle client 9.2, Access 2002

There is a form to click for Synchronization between Access database and Web
database which is running on Orable based web server.

#3086 stands for 'web query'.

[...]

I am able to delete or add record from data sheet view of the table. I
re-created linked ODBC tables, and made sure I assigned "Primary Key" as it
was done in Access 97. This solved the problem you asked.
I haven't attempted 'Sync" yet. I am not the person who can handle it. Thus,
I am gong to ask the person to try it out first to see the result and
difference.
Thanks,

#3086 stands for 'web query'.

[...]

Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif']Thanks for this post. I was struggling to solve this problem for whole day. By reading your post, I realize the table is missing primary key in SQL Server linked table. I assigned the primary key and re-linked the table in MS-Access, this worked for me.[/font]

[font='Tahoma','sans-serif']Thanks agan… Keep posting[/font]
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font]
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif']-Sunil[/font]
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif'][/font]