    and surf away on that one. After several minutes, the
    errant window presents with a runtime error! 'ssup with
    that?!

    rigdonia, Mar 27, 2004

  2. "rigdonia" <> wrote in message
    news:1471e01c41422$d640efc0$
    > Here's a wierd one for you.... seemingly randomly, I get
    > a frozen internet window - I can not resize it, minimize,
    > maximize, or close it. I can open a new window if I want
    > and surf away on that one. After several minutes, the
    > errant window presents with a runtime error! 'ssup with
    > that?!

    First eliminate any scumware.
    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated before every use, even when just
    downloaded. There's also a lot more to do than just those two programs.
    CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
    **Post your HijackThis log to
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
    http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.
    If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
    in the same thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com