Run command missing from start menu

Christian Wittmann

open gpedit.msc
goto:
"user config..."
"admin..."
"start menu..."
set "remove run menu from start menu" to "disabled"

cheers
chris

Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey big dummy, without a RUN COMMAND how do you run gpedit.msc

Christian Wittmann said:
open gpedit.msc
goto:
"user config..."
"admin..."
"start menu..."
set "remove run menu from start menu" to "disabled"

cheers
chris

"karen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Run command missing from start menu. How do I fix this
> without a reinstall?

Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Step by step instructions to enable RUN

1. Open gpedit by double clicking on 'gpedit.msc' (C:\WINNT\system32\gpedit.msc)
2. Open 'User configuration' -> 'Administrative Templates' ->'Start Menu & Toolbar'
3. In the right pane find 'Remove Run from start menu' and double click on it
4. Chose 'Disable' and push OK button
5. This will sove your problem

Regards from KOSOVA

Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
2467 - I know this post was from awhile ago now, but I just wanted to say thank you! I had the same exact problem on my system at work (the run command disappeared one day), and changing the group policy let me fix ths problem!!

Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanx Bro.......

2467 said:
1. Open gpedit by double clicking on 'gpedit.msc' (C:\WINNT\system32\gpedit.msc)
2. Open 'User configuration' -> 'Administrative Templates' ->'Start Menu & Toolbar'
3. In the right pane find 'Remove Run from start menu' and double click on it
4. Chose 'Disable' and push OK button
5. This will sove your problem

Regards from KOSOVA
May God Bless you