    --
    Or Tsemah
    YSIDE

    Or Tsemah, Dec 23, 2006

  2. Or Tsemah

    Guest Guest

    You can still use runas like before, but only from the command line. It has
    been removed from the context menu.

    I would highly discourage you from using runas in a login script though.
    Those are readable to everyone in the domain, exposing the passwords in them
    to everyone.

    Guest, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Or Tsemah

    Ko Guest

    There is a cmd prompt in the menu accessoiries.
    You could run that with the option run as administrator and from there do
    the needed things!

    Ko.

    Ko, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Or Tsemah

    Or Tsemah Guest

    How should i suppose to run Login Scripts then ?
    Options like "Net Time" require Elavated Priviliges

    --
    Or Tsemah
    YSIDE

    Or Tsemah, Dec 28, 2006
  5. Or Tsemah

    Ko Guest

    You can set the properties of a script to run always with administrator
    privileges.
    Right click and set the properties on the saved script, the only problem
    anybody who has access to the PC is then able to run it with the same
    settings.

    Ko.

    Ko, Dec 28, 2006
  6. Or Tsemah

    Alun Jones Guest

    "Or Tsemah" <> wrote in message
    > How should i suppose to run Login Scripts then ?
    > Options like "Net Time" require Elavated Priviliges

    By default, Windows in a domain synchronises to the domain's time - if you
    want to synchronise to an external time source, you can add to your group
    policy for computers in the domain, to configure and enable the Windows NTP
    client (under Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates ->
    System -> Windows Time Service -> Time Providers).

    Other similar "admin-only" commands that you are executing from your login
    scripts are likely similarly supported by group policy settings. Requiring
    logon scripts to execute code as administrator is not appropriate.

    Alun.
    ~~~~

    Alun Jones, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Or Tsemah

    John Kelly Guest

    Perhaps you don't want to run as administrator simply with different
    credentials. Example, specific user created to run exmerge to backup
    mailboxes. Admins are specifically denied this right.

    John Kelly, Feb 6, 2007
  8. Or Tsemah

    Trev Guest

    On 6 Feb, 19:22, "John Kelly" <jk2005 gmail> wrote:
    > Perhaps you don't want to run as administrator simply with different
    > credentials. Example, specific user created to run exmerge to backup
    > mailboxes. Admins are specifically denied this right.
    >
    > "Ko" <> wrote in message

    > > There is a cmd prompt in the menu accessoiries.
    > > You could run that with the option run as administrator and from there do
    > > the needed things!

    > > Ko.

    > > "Jesper" <> schreef in bericht
    > >> You can still userunaslike before, but only from the command line. It
    > >> has
    > >> been removed from the context menu.

    > >> I would highly discourage you from usingrunasin a loginscriptthough.
    > >> Those are readable to everyone in the domain, exposing the passwords in
    > >> them
    > >> to everyone.

    Hi

    i'm not sure if this will help but have a look at www.dustan.co.uk
    there is a backup script which calls a remote script which calls a
    runas admin script for remote deployment and installs etc. you could
    run the remote script at startup then call the runas admin script
    hidden on the network using the $ and set the correct permisions that
    no one else could access the directory except the system etc. i use
    it all the time on our domain including the backup script for client
    computers, i allways hide the folders. Theres is a saying out of
    sight out of mind LOL

    hope this helps and good luck

    Ta

    Trev