    A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Grant

    Guest, Feb 21, 2004

    Kelly Guest

    Hi Grant,

    Boot into Safe Mode
    Go to Start/Run and type in: inf
    Scroll down to sr.inf, right click and choose install.
    Reboot.

    --
    Happy Mardi-Gras,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Utilities for Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

    Kelly, Feb 21, 2004

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    1. Insert the Windows XP CD
    2. Click [Start] [Run]
    3. Type the following command and press Enter
    "rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf"

    System Restore core files should be reinstalled.

    Alternately, you may also open Windows Explorer, navigate to "C:\Windows\Inf" folder and right-click sr.inf (choose Install)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Ramesh [MVP], Feb 21, 2004

    Kasvera Guest

    Hi Grant,

    If the problem persists, you can even try this:

    http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-entry-point-not-found.html

    - kasvera [mcp]

    Kasvera, Feb 21, 2004

    Kelly Guest

    Same fix.

    Kelly, Feb 21, 2004

    Farmboys Guest

    Thank you everybody for your assistance. Your generosity with your knowledge
    means a lot.
    Thanks again :)

    Farmboys, Feb 21, 2004