    window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no joy! RPC
    server unavaible.
    Help please.

    THE Old ONE, Jan 5, 2009

  2. THE Old ONE

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Navigate to Start Run and type -

    cmd

    then press enter

    type -

    net start /rpcss

    press enter

    type -

    net start /spooler

    press enter

    type -

    exit

    press enter

    type -

    exit

    press enter

    Now, see if the printer is back.

    Let us know.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 5, 2009

  3. THE Old ONE

    THE Old ONE Guest

    Fantastic instructions, I have uninstalled the printer, do I need to
    reinstall before following your instructions.
    Thanks

    THE Old ONE, Jan 6, 2009
  4. THE Old ONE

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    No. Reinstall after.

    By the way, in the instructions there is one too many instructions about
    exiting the command processor. You only have to exit once.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 6, 2009
  5. THE Old ONE

    THE Old ONE Guest

    Followed your instruuctions,still get the error message' pc server not
    available. I have TUT installed and in services it shows the PCS as running.
    in event viewer it shows I have dozens of faults, DCOM event 1005.

    THE Old ONE, Jan 15, 2009
  6. THE Old ONE

    john Guest

    i still do not have printer. still have spooler error. i have an photosmart
    2610

    john, Feb 13, 2009
  7. THE Old ONE

    Flora Guest

    I tried the command sequence from "The Old One" but it's being accepted it as
    typed - says my syntax is wrong? Should be using caps, is the spacing exactly
    the same as in your instructions, etc? I am not used to doing this, obviously!
    --
    Thank you,
    Flora

    Flora, Apr 8, 2009