ROUND Function with other function

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Outapin, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Outapin

    Outapin Guest

    Hi,

    I have this formula:
    =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8)

    and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t
    show is +12.
    I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th
    formula but it doesn't work.
    The closest I got was with this formula:

    =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0)

    where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before....

    Can anyone help me ?

    Thank

    --
    Outapi
    Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927

    Outapin, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Outapin

    Guest Guest

    This should work:
    =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",ROUND(R8,0)),R8)

    Or you may consider skipping the formula and just formatting R8 with custom
    formatting like this:
    "+"0;"-"0

    Guest, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Outapin