Rolling back a vista upgrade, back to the original version of vist

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by Guest, Aug 22, 2007.

    Is it possible to upgrade your version of vista to a better version and then
    if you wanted to, downgrade back to the original version?

    Guest, Aug 22, 2007

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi Jack,

    No, not without starting over with a clean install. Any upgrade to an NT
    system is not reversible in this manner.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick Rogers, Aug 22, 2007

    Re: Rolling back a vista upgrade, back to the original version of

    "Rick Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi Jack,
    >
    > No, not without starting over with a clean install. Any upgrade to an NT
    > system is not reversible in this manner.
    >
    > --

    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to upgrade your version of vista to a better version and
    > > then
    > > if you wanted to, downgrade back to the original version?

    > Yes you can if you have the windows.old folder after you install the new version !

    Read tihs LINK but it may be better to reinstall the other versiion.
    LINK

    Guest, Aug 23, 2007