Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This game is the shiznit :)

Well, I think so, anyway.

Bought it today, got home, loaded it, started playing at 5.30pm and didn't stop til 9.30pm. So much for going out this evening...

RCT3 takes all the best parts of RCT1 & 2, the best ideas from Theme Park manager, and makes them work well. It's 3D, it's easy to learn and the best bit of all is you can ride all the attractions, including the ones you build. And the ride simulation really is quite good.

Also, you can organise firework displays, import your own music to rides and play in 'Sandbox' mode. Playing in this mode means your budget is unlimited, you can do whatever you like, have all the big rides without having to worry about budgeting. Not very challenging, I grant you, but loads of fun and a good learning tool for building.

Certainly makes a change for me from fps games. Really, this is the Theme Park game I've been waiting for and what I've always wanted to see. Really quite chuffed with this one.

If you liked any of the previous versions of RCT or Theme Park World or Theme Park Manager, you'll love this :)

Reaction score
Bought it today. My only quibble is how hard it is to make money, at least at a reasonable rate.

The coaster cam is awesome.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Im glad someone bought it and told me about it, because i've been wanting a good management sim for some time. I wasnt the biggest fan of the other Roller Coaster series because i thought the graphics were pretty bland, so i was more of a theme park person.

I really should be reviewing some games, i just got lazy, ive been playing ground control 2, rome total war, tiger woods 2005, tony hawks underground 2 (THUG 2) and today i got Football Manager 2005 :D. Im definatly going to get roller coaster tycoon 3 though ;).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Matt Jason H said:
My only quibble is how hard it is to make money, at least at a reasonable rate.
I'd agree with that. It seems the only way I was able to add anything after year two was by taking out loans. Cash balance seemed to hover between £1200.00 overdrawn and £250.00 in the black.

I suppose experience will pay dividends but right now it's kinda frustrating. I'm up to year six so far.

reef: I saw Rome: Total War in our local computer trading shop for £28.00, so I took along a couple of old games I had and a Nokia 3330 phone I'd had lying about for over a year, and done a straight swap.

Mistake I made was playing it the first time after I'd been down the pub :blush: Mistake. I was kinda rubbish.

Seems to be quite a learning curve there but it looks good. But I'm afraid after I've just got RCT3 it may be on the back burner for a little while :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Mistake I made was playing it the first time after I'd been down the pub :blush: Mistake. I was kinda rubbish.

Seems to be quite a learning curve there but it looks good. But I'm afraid after I've just got RCT3 it may be on the back burner for a little while :)
Its a good game, but you do need to be patient and take time to learn the basics :/ . I went in too quick for my own good and didnt last very long, ive started a new one and im doing OK so far. Its is a pretty tricky game though!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just bought the expansion pack for RCT3, Soaked, £15.00 from play.com

It's worth it, enjoying this a lot, loadsa new rides :)

Ask a Question