Rodent harmony?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
My mouse population has just grown by one. In addition to my Logitech G500s (which is still fully functional) I have just purchased the Logitech G600. (Both are wired mice.)

Do you suppose there would be any harm in having both of them connected-up (obviously to separate USB ports) simultaneously? Could they live in harmony, without blowing a fuse, or something...?

Naturally, I would only be using one at a time... and before anyone asks, no, I wasn't thinking of having one for each hand! lol.

The reason for my query, is simply that the new mouse has a plethora of buttons (20, which are all programmable.) My thought is that it's likely to take me a bit of practice to get used to them, so it would be quite nice to be able to switch between the two, without having to keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

The Logitech gaming software picked-up the new mouse without any bother, so I get the feeling that one would be able to select whichever mouse one wished to alter the settings of, etc., from a drop-down(?) However, I've not actually tried it, so wondered if anyone else has?

Thank you for reading - and for any observations you might have :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, if you think about it, any Laptop user who employs a 'proper' mouse is using two mice at the same time. :)

I have, in the past, to test out a possible faulty mouse, just connected it to the PC. Providing they don't both want to use the same 'mouse port' then there should be no problems.

... and, yes, you should be able to 'setup' and use each mouse to the selections you chose just via the drop-down-menu.

I have a 7 button mouse, I can only use 3 at any one time ... it's the lack of fingers in the right place that prevent me using the other buttons with any dexterity. Good luck with your twenty finger mouse. :lol:

And, there are software developers that are working on programs that allow several people and mice to work on one system at the same time. :nod:

Hope you grow your extra fingers quickly. :bow:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :thumb:

@muckshifter, yes, thinking about it, I can recall having a wireless and wired mouse connected up at the same time, many years ago. (I'm of course referring to the wireless "broadcasting" thingy) and if I forgot to recharge the wireless one, I could just pick up the other one and continue.

@bootneck02, lol I wondered if my wee brain-cell would be up to the challenge too :lol: but, surprisingly, it's proving to be pretty easy to use. Just took a little practice run in GW2 and it was jolly good. Of course, I need to practice a bit more, just to get used to my button assignments. (Ahem... good excuse to spend a bit more time playing :p)

Ask a Question