Roboform . Secure form filler.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi not sure if this is in the right section so feel free to move it to the most suitable forum .

http://www.download.com/RoboForm/3003-2092_4-10502671.html?tag=tab_rev

Been using this free program for several months now , just trying out the latest version so I can only comment on the last build .
Its a pretty neat piece of kit and has certainly made life a lot easier , I hate typing in passwords and filling in forms . Surfing the net has speeded up aswell , one click and I'm into sites and signed in . Security seems pretty good and has been upgraded on the latest build .
I found it easy to set up and alter details so most folk should find it a breeze .I just love the icon with the sunglasses :D :cool:
Anyone else tried it ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nope, not for me ... I use Firefox & Google's Toolbar "auto-complete" and both are Free. :D

You'll have to tell us what "bits" are disabled after 30 days if you don't buy the full program. ;)

IE will do a resonable job too with it's own "auto-complete" ... though I would strongly suggest people use Firefox. :D

Let us know how you get on with RoboForm. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Q: How does licensing work for RoboForm?
A: RoboForm is licensed per computer. That is, one license is required for every computer where you install RoboForm. Second license is sold at big discount to make RoboForm affordable for one user with two computers. Q: RoboForm used to be free and now it asks to upgrade to the Pro. What is going on?
A: Free version of RoboForm has certain limitations, most significant of them is that you can have 10 passcards or less in free version.
How to get around these limitations:
* Buy RoboForm Pro, it does not have any limitations at all.
* Reduce number of Passcards to 10 or less. You can view, edit and delete all passcards and identities even after the trial period is over, only automated form filling and logins do not work

For a full list of what you can do with this program click here

http://www.roboform.com/features.html

One of the advantages Roboform has over IE auto fill is that no one can access your passwords or auto fill imformation as the program is password protected . If you leave your machine whilst using IE anyone passing by can go to a sign in page and log on to a site under your name using the aouto fill . This may be a bit over the top if you live on your own but useful if other folk are about and you want some security . Also IE auto fill does not log you in with one click , :p me I'm lazy so this is a good feature .
I don't use the programe for credit cards etc as I am rather security concious and prefer to keep these destails in my head . :D
Limits to the program are that you can only have ten logins after the free trial is over and your limited on some other small details tha I 'm not familiar with at the moment .
All in all a good program . :thumb: :D :cool:
:cool:

Ask a Question