    setup and ready to go, but when we use the bootdisk in a
    client computer it gets stuck on trying to contact DHCP.

    Any tips and help would be appreciated.

    Gregf, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Gregf

    Rob Hoffman Guest

    try looking at these first:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;300483
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325862

    Some things to check for:
    Make sure your DHCP server is authorized in AD.
    Can a windows client get a DHCP IP address from the same location you are
    trying use RIS from?
    Try having the server and the client on the same subnet or if you can put
    them on the same hub/switch.

    Best Regards,
    Rob Hoffman, MCSE
    Microsoft Enterprise Support Engineer