RIS and DHCP

Gregf

We are trying to setup RIS on our network. We have it all
setup and ready to go, but when we use the bootdisk in a
client computer it gets stuck on trying to contact DHCP.

Any tips and help would be appreciated.

Rob Hoffman

try looking at these first:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;300483
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325862

Some things to check for:
Make sure your DHCP server is authorized in AD.
Can a windows client get a DHCP IP address from the same location you are
trying use RIS from?
Try having the server and the client on the same subnet or if you can put
them on the same hub/switch.

Best Regards,
Rob Hoffman, MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Support Engineer