Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It doesn't take long for them to appear on the net. :D
VW.JPG

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Neat. I wonder if VW will survive or will the public turn their backs on em for good. :cool:

Reaction score
Probably only VW have got caught what about the other car makers?
If one is at it the others might, just might be doing the same?

Reaction score
It's the software that VW have developed and installed into ECU's I believe. It has also been installed on Audi's

Someone gonna get sacked. Probably several

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's the software that VW have developed and installed into ECU's I believe. It has also been installed on Audi's

Someone gonna get sacked. Probably several

Top man is reportedly taking a 67 million walk out package. :cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Neat Urmas :cheers:

There is a Wiki page already,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_violations

An guess what Cameron knew there was something wrong with emissions back in 2014. Heck and you know they DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Similarly, in the United Kingdom, the Department for Transport received a report from the ICCT in October 2014 which stated there was a “real world nitrogen oxides compliance issue” with diesel passenger cars. The government said in September 2015 it had received this evidence almost a year prior to Volkswagen's admissions, but had done nothing.[25]

Now that is terrible, but wait there is much worse news,

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ud-tallies-with-europes-pollution-overshoots/

Volkswagen’s admission on 22 September that many of its cars tricked their way through routine tailpipe emission tests could throw light on why many European countries have failed to meet targets for reducing pollution from airborne nitrogen oxides (NOx).

So why should Cameron and co worry about the americans and europeans after all they are miles away.

Hold on though,

Failure to meet targets potentially means premature deaths and additional disease – the UK government estimated in a consultation document issued earlier this month that nitrogen dioxide emissions account for up to 23,500 premature deaths in the UK, mainly through heart and lung disease.

I am reading that 23,500 death toll as a yearly one. You may wonder why Cameron and his chums did not act sooner. Is he not supposed to be looking out for the welfare and well being of the uk population ?

:cool:

Also,

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/24/volkswagen-emission-scandal-how-it-affects-you

What’s VW saying in the UK?
Very little, and the company has not halted sales here. So far the company has refused to confirm which cars on UK roads are affected, or to say whether the cars awaiting buyers in its dealer network are affected by the software. Dealers were telling customers this week that it was “business as usual, and we will still be selling the cars this weekend”.

I drive one of those. What should I do?
In the short term, you can carry on driving it as normal – the VW helpline (0800 333 666) is telling callers that the cars are “safe and roadworthy” and that the problem will only affect the emissions.

Phew thats ok then. Apparently from today you are not allowed to smoke inside a car for health reasons. But you can keep on poisoning your neighbours all 23.500 of them.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Careful Abarbs, you is getting a bit political there and that's one of the things that's taboo on this here forum.

(And don't I know it, times I've had to bite my tongue, lol ;) )

I've always thought it odd that the desired vehicle amongst all the hippy and greenie brethren, the type 1 and type 2 VW microbuses and variants thereof, have one of the dirtiest engines ever, not eco-friendly at all.

Mind you, style over content often rules ;)

Reaction score
I bet VW were not the only ones doing the dirty though, more will come out over the next few months

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I bet VW were not the only ones doing the dirty though, more will come out over the next few months

I agree. I think if one company has been getting away with for several years then the others must have surely followed suit, otherwise their figures would have looked very poor compared to VW's.

A lot more to come on this one. :nod:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I've always thought it odd that the desired vehicle amongst all the hippy and greenie brethren, the type 1 and type 2 VW microbuses and variants thereof, have one of the dirtiest engines ever, not eco-friendly at all.

That would be because crankshafts in those models had fabulous karma.

I thought everyone knew that.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Careful Abarbs, you is getting a bit political there and that's one of the things that's taboo on this here forum.

(And don't I know it, times I've had to bite my tongue, lol ;) )

Mind you, style over content often rules ;)

Touches forelock, sorry guv. I must have been in shock over the latest miracle that Cameron has wrought. Apparently the medical person (a fully trained physiotherapist) I saw in a recent assessment cleared up the stress I have been suffering from for the last four months since me mum died has gone away and my physical health has miraculously regenerated to such an extent that I did not record even one point in any section of the assessment.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well FWIW I know several people who've suffered at the hands of this ATOS assessment thingie and I think it's a travesty. The government pay professional staff (or the companies that employ them) to seemingly perform miracles and make the lame walk.

Money saved by government by being heartless? Money spent by government employing professional medical staff? Money saved by government by causing the deaths of countless claimants with their warped policy?

Brownie points gained amongst solvent voters by 'cracking down on benefit scroungers'?

Ooops, I seem to be getting a tad political myself there, good job I restrained myself from further comment ;)

Now stoppit Mr flops - stoppit!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/sep/30/vw-emissions-scandal-12m-uk-cars-affected

Volkswagen has revealed that almost 1.2m vehicles in the UK are involved in the diesel emissions scandal that has rocked the carmaker, meaning more than one in 10 diesel cars on the country’s roads are affected.

The admission means that the UK is one of the countries worst affected by the scandal and will increase the pressure on the government to launch a full investigation.

Patrick McLoughlin, the transport secretary, said: “The government’s priority is to protect the public

Shame he did not act over a year ago when the government were told there was a problem :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...l-a-one-off-incident-says-motor-industry-boss

Mike Hawes, chief executive of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), said with regard to the VW emissions rigging scandal: “The actions of one company should not be taken to stand for the whole industry. There is no evidence to suggest this is an industry-wide issue. [This is] one instance of cheating.”

Before joining the SMMT in 2013, Hawes was a senior executive at Bentley, and carried out work for its parent company, Volkswagen AG, in corporate affairs roles. But he told the Guardian he had “no knowledge” of the practices that have landed the car company in trouble.

Well I might believe him as he left VW in 2013. Though VW have been fiddling since 2008 so maybe not......................

Reaction score
I am still suspisious about other motor manufactures, if one did it why no one else even to keep up with vehicle acceleration and speed

Ask a Question