    outline ahead in say Word, and import, but I often like to compose directly
    on PP and I can't seem to add an additional bullet on the same slide. I did
    look on FAQ for bullet troubleshooting but couldn't find an answer.

    Guest, Jan 11, 2005

    Chirag Guest

    You can use the Tab key to increase indent and create a "child" bullet to
    the current bullet point. Use Shift+Tab key to decrease indent and create a
    new "parent" level bullet point. Does this help?

    - Chirag

    PowerShow - View multiple shows simultaneously
    http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

    Chirag, Jan 11, 2005

  3. "=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsZQ==?=" <> wrote in

    > Bullets drive me crazy. In PP, I start with my main bullet, enter in
    > some secondary or tercery bullets such as one finds in an outline

    You can either use TAB/Shift-TAB to adjust level of indent or use the
    promote and demote tools on the toolbar. For the TAB/Shift-TAB method,
    when you want to increase the indent of a line hit TAB before typing
    anything on that line. When you want to decrease the indent (go back to
    a main point), hit Shift-TAB before typing anything.

    To use the toolbar, you will proably have to adjust your settings. Go to
    the Tools menu and choose Customize. In the Options tab, check the box
    for "Show Standard and Formatting toolbars on two rows." You should now
    see two iconss (one fo them might be faded out) for promoting and
    demoting. They have lines representing text with arrows pointing to the
    right on one and the left on the other (right after the big A and little
    A for increasing and decreasing font size on my toolbar). The one with
    the arrow pointing to the right demotes (makes a point into a sub-point)
    and the one with the arrow pointing to the left promotes (makes a sub-
    point into a main point). These buttons can be used even if you have
    already typed text on a line.

    --David

    --
    David M. Marcovitz
    Director of Graduate Programs in Educational Technology

    David M. Marcovitz, Jan 11, 2005
  4. In article <>, Michele wrote:
    > Bullets drive me crazy. In PP, I start with my main bullet, enter in some
    > secondary or tercery bullets such as one finds in an outline form, then I
    > think of another main point and I can't get back to add another main bullet.
    > PP wants to add another sub bullet. My only way around this is to enter all
    > my main points first and then add in secondary bullets.

    After you press ENTER to start a new paragraph, press SHIFT+TAB to unindent the
    text one bullet level, then start typing.

    TAB indents a level
    SHIFT+TAB unindents a level

    You can also use Alt+Shift+Right or Left arrows. I'll forget that w/in the
    next five minutes, so write it down. Tab I'll remember. ;-)

    If you choose View, Toolbars, Outlining you can use the arrow buttons to
    demote/promote (indent/unindent) bullet points (or groups of selected bullet
    point text) or move them up/down. Handy.

    I know I could do an
    > outline ahead in say Word, and import, but I often like to compose directly
    > on PP and I can't seem to add an additional bullet on the same slide. I did
    > look on FAQ for bullet troubleshooting but couldn't find an answer.

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Jan 11, 2005

    Yes...thank you all. I figured it had to be something simple like that! Do
    you know, I looked at 3 different PP books and couldn't find an answer?
    Thanks again!

    Guest, Jan 11, 2005

    hwahlberg

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi.
    Think I have got it with tab and shift tab in Outlook to increase and decrease bullit level. (Office pro plus 2010)
    Also I often use Shift Enter to start a new line within the same / active bullet.
    I have a challenge of continuing text in the primary bullet after when returning from a sub bullet.
    Ex:
    1) bullet one
    ..new line in bullet one
    ..a) bullet one sub bullet
    ..b) bullet one sub bullet
    ..more text in bullet one
    2) bullet 2

    How do I avoid "more text.." is getting a new primary bullet?

    hwahlberg, Oct 18, 2013