    I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
    display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
    my previous version of Excel?

    kboehringer, Aug 23, 2008

  2. kboehringer

    Ron de Bruin Guest

    Hi kboehringer

    >I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
    > extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
    > don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.

    Why do you upgrade ?
    The ribbon is the result form all feedback MS received and it is not bad at all.

    > I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
    > display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
    > my previous version of Excel?

    Only with a third party add-in
    But my advise is not to use a add-in like this.

    Maybe this page will help you to find the commands
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

    --

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    Ron de Bruin, Aug 23, 2008

  3. kboehringer

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Uninstall 2007 then re-install 2003

    Alternative....................

    You can get a "classic" look and feel from this application found at

    http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Aug 23, 2008
  4. kboehringer

    Sheeloo Guest

    2007 version has so many good things that it is not wise to giveup just to
    avoid the learning curve...

    You may try free add-in http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=285017.

    I would suggest that you accept the new ribbon and work with it. You can
    quickly add your favourite icons to quick access toolbar.

    Also if you working in a non-commercial environment then try ASAP utilities
    (http://www.asap-utilities.com/download-asap-utilities.php)

    Sheeloo, Aug 23, 2008
  5. kboehringer

    kboehringer Guest

    Gentlemen,

    Thank you very much for the responses. I didn't realize the interface was
    SO different in the new version. I purchased Home & Student (3-License) for
    my daughter's new computer. I figured I'd upgrade my desktop since I had a
    couple extra "Free" upgrades.

    Unfortunately, I have some serious deadlines on some big projects and can't
    make any progress seaching all over for items I use to be able to find in a
    fraction of a second. I'm going to go hunting around my desk & files for
    the original software disks and serial codes from my original Excel
    version(s). Once found, I'll just remove this new version and re-install
    my original. Obviously, there are others like me that don't care for it,
    enough so that add-ins (or extensions) are being created to circumvent the
    new and "Improved" features

    I hold a MOUS Expert Certificate in EVERY MSOffice Application (Earlier
    Versions) and I sure wish Microsoft had provided a "Classic Look" option.

    Thank you again very much....
    Sincerely,
    Kurt Boehringer

    kboehringer, Aug 23, 2008
  6. kboehringer

    Sheeloo Guest

    As suggested try out ASAP Utilities to help complete your projects. With or
    without it will save you hours of effort and is worth the price. Try it out.
    (I do not get any incentive to plug it but I am a great fan anyway)

    Sheeloo, Aug 24, 2008
  7. kboehringer

    Ken Wright Guest

    The other option you have is to reinstall 2003 and then install 2007 again
    but choose the custom install option and DO NOT upgrade. This gives you the
    best of both worlds with the option to work with 2003 when you want, yet
    delve into 2007 as you wish.

    I have all versions of Excel from 97 onwards on my machine, but you must
    install them in order.

    Regards
    Ken.......................

    Ken Wright, Aug 24, 2008
  8. kboehringer

    Ken Wright Guest

    Or someone that supports people with different versions of Excel, and as
    such the only surefire way of replicating some problems, or indeed checking
    that code runs correctly, is in fact to run it on the exact same version of
    Excel as they are. Sounds like pure common sense to me.

    Regards

    Ken Wright, Sep 4, 2008