Retriving photo's from Facebook

Reaction score
First apology for posting this here but not sure where to post this.:confused:

First the story, a couple and us went on holiday to Las Vegas in September 2014 I took hundreds of photo's on two different micro discs, unfortunately when I changed from Windows 10 to Mint one of the sets of over 200 photo's did not get transfered and have also been deleted from the card. Unfortunately in 2015 my friends partner was diagnosed with cancer and died within 3 weeks of diagnosis in hospital. Unfortunately his family would not recognise that were partners and retrieved all his possessions including his mobile which all his photo's of the holiday. This Christmas I am planning to give her a photo album with about 200 photo's of the holiday but am not able to as when I transfered to Linux I missed or deleted one set of photo's actually the best ones. BUT surprise, surprise I have downloaded them to Facebook, only problem I cannot see any way to re download them back to my PC so that I can get them copied to get them into the album. Is there any way that I can get them back. Any help will be gratefully received.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
You could download the photo's individually from Facebook

2dadno0.png

Or on Facebook go in to Settings > General and download a copy of your Facebook data. This will download everything you have ever done on Facebook and it will be e-mailed to you. Once you get the downloaded data it's just a matter of going through a few folders and finding the one with the photo's you want :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've just done the same and it looks like the images don't open to their original size. In the past I have recovered images from SD cards using Recover, but obviously as you are on Linux you can't do that. Here's a LINK to some alternatives that can be used with Linux..

Reaction score
Thanks to Evan I have recovered the photo's here is one Patsy and Peter are on the left and it was peter who passed away.

1926777_950456278304552_8506109757001719216_n.jpg

Attachments

• 950452441638269.jpg
    950452441638269.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 82

Ask a Question