    it temporarily clears the history. I need to retrieve some history that was
    accidentally removed. If it is a temporary removal, it seems I should be able
    to retieve the cleared history records from "some' file...

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004

    Kevin Guest

    Once you make the choice to clear the history and click OK, it's all gone.
    You could try looking in the History folder in the Windows directory, but I
    doubt you will find anything if you have cleared the history via

    "Jill" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to retrieve internet access history after it has

    been
    > cleared via tools->internet options->clear history? The description

    states

    Kevin, Oct 21, 2004

    Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,
    Don't expect too much- you won't be seeing the History as such. Index.dat
    Suite (freeware) from http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/idsuite.asp should
    show you the sites in the index.dat file. Clearing History the usual way
    doesn't clear the index.dat file.

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    --
    MVP IE/OE
    Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

    Don Varnau, Oct 22, 2004