    I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres
    nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks

    rich

    richk, Jul 24, 2006

  2. richk

    JeffinMS Guest

    "richk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres
    > nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks
    >
    > rich

    I just asked that the other day with no luck when I remembered......my MS
    Office has a built in Resume maker.

    JeffinMS, Jul 24, 2006

  3. richk

    El Gee Guest

    "richk" <> wrote in

    > I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If
    > theres nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks
    >
    > rich

    Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
    if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
    Resume creators are horrible.

    JMHO / YMMV

    El Gee // www.mistergeek.com <><
    Know Christ, Know Peace - No Christ, No Peace
    Remove .yourhat to reply

    El Gee, Jul 24, 2006
  4. richk

    Why Tea Guest

    > Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
    > if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
    > Resume creators are horrible.

    I believe this is true. You really need to spend time on this yourself
    with a word processor. I have been to a course that suggested the
    C.A.R. principle; i.e Challenges, Actions and Results. What it means
    is, for every Challenge, what were your Actions and what were the
    Results? I found this simple principle to be quite useful when I wrote
    my resume.

    Why Tea, Jul 24, 2006
  5. richk

    Craig Guest

    Why Tea wrote:
    >>Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
    >>if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
    >>Resume creators are horrible.

    > I believe this is true. You really need to spend time on this yourself
    > with a word processor. I have been to a course that suggested the
    > C.A.R. principle; i.e Challenges, Actions and Results. What it means
    > is, for every Challenge, what were your Actions and what were the
    > Results? I found this simple principle to be quite useful when I wrote
    > my resume.

    I can't speak to the specific tactic proposed by why tea (CAR) but, I
    will throw my weight behind his and El Gee's opinion: Look for a broad
    variety of actual (or sample) resumes. Read up on how to write resumes
    & their more popular formats. Read up on how they're "processed" now.

    Apologies for no silver bullet (& y.a. opinion) but...

    fwiw,
    -Craig

    Craig, Jul 24, 2006
  6. richk

    Guest

    richk wrote:
    > I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres

    ner House Softw> nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link
    thanks

    > rich

    Resume Creator v1.001 - 931 KB
    Create a professional looking resume in minutes by completing the built
    in questionnaire and selecting the theme of your choice. Output is in
    RTF format so you can add your own finishing touches.
    Requires no other software.
    Available in English and French.
    The data can be saved in raw format and can be update at any time.
    Press "Publish" to get a polished, professional looking resume in the
    form of a "Rich Text Format" document that can be opened in almost any
    word processor including Word and WordPad.
    Resume Creator has forms for each section of the resume:
    - General: Contact information and objective
    - Education
    - Employment
    - Skills
    - Professional Development
    - Professional Memberships
    - Awards
    - References
    Platform: Windows 95/NT4/98/2000/XP
    http://www.cornerhouse.ca/images/resume1.jpg
    Corare

    http://www.cornerhouse.ca/en/resume.html
    http://www.cornerhouse.ca/download/Resume.msi
    sample resume - 2 KB:
    http://www.cornerhouse.ca/download/sample.rtf

    Resume Wizard v1.5 - 4705 KB
    Resume Wizard is a stand-alone program that makes it very easy to
    create a professional looking and visually interesting HTML resume.
    Using Resume Wizard, you can publish your resume to any web site you
    wish. You can choose from a variety of styles and color schemes,
    allowing you to design an appealing resume that projects your
    individual personality.
    Online resumes are a very effective tool for a variety of reasons. Here
    are my thoughts why, how and what you can do with a web resume to
    enhance your job hunt:
    - Visually exciting resumes get noticed and remembered.
    - An online resume implies a higher level of Internet sophistication.
    - Links to other web pages enhance depth and add credibility.
    - The built-in spell checker ensures correct spelling of text.
    - Respond much faster to posted job openings.
    Requirements: 8MB RAM. 2MB HD Space. VGA Video. 80486DX CPU.
    Suggested OS: Windows 95. Windows NT. Windows 98. Windows 2000. Windows
    ME.
    http://www.canadagraphics.com/images/gif/downloads/rezwiz.gif
    Mike Ceranski

    http://www.canadagraphics.com/dl_resume.html
    http://www.sitehost.ca/downloads/RezInstall.exe

    Resume Writer Pro v3.0 - 16463 KB
    Resume Writer Pro 3.0 is a fully functional professional resume writing
    application that you can download immediately for free. Resume Writer
    Pro 3.0 will quickly and efficiently help you create stunning
    professional resumes in minutes. This feature rich program is self
    installing and has a built in uninstall function as well.
    You will be able to create, save, print and email an unlimited number
    of unique resumes. There is no time limit and no cost to use Resume
    Writer Pro 3.0 so use it as long and as often as you like and create as
    many different resumes as you need. Our only request is that you tell a
    friend about our free resume writing software.
    Resume Writer Pro 3.0 was designed to work with all Microsoft operating
    systems and email clients.
    http://www.resume-distribution.org/images/snap_shot1.gif
    freeresumes.net

    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?12500000037905
    ftp://debian.lcs.mit.edu/pub/winsite/win95/desktop/resumewriter.exe

    Best regards:

    LT
    http:\\papoman.extra.hu

    , Jul 24, 2006
  7. richk

    El Gee Guest

    "richk" <> wrote in

    > I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If
    > theres nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks
    >
    > rich

    Let me amend my comments as not to sound harsh. There is no "silver
    bullet for resume creation. The tools I have seen save in their own
    format only and look (formatted) horrible.

    What I did (5 years ago) was to do a web search and I found about 5-10
    differemt styles of resumes that I liked. I "borrowed" elements from
    each and created what I wanted. As I interviewed, I asked the mgrs and
    HR what they did and did not like my resume. Many of them said the same
    thing...it looks like a person created it, not a program. That was
    enough for me.

    Pick up a copy of "The Blair Handbook" and you will find examples that
    you can use as a starting point. Remember, a resume is used as a sales
    tool to promote you. If it looks generic, what are you saying about
    yourself?

    El Gee, Jul 24, 2006
  8. richk

    Mark Carter Guest

    El Gee wrote:
    > "richk" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...

    Actually, I think MS Office comes with templates for this stuff. So,
    job's a good-un - unless you don't have Office, or course.

    Mark Carter, Jul 24, 2006