    I would like to start over. How do i restore my computer to its original
    condition. Like the day i bought it. I don't have anything i want to save
    on it.

    Guest, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Hi Samantha,

    If you have a PC from HP/Compaq/Dell or any other branded unit, you can use the Restore CD to reset your system configuration to factory defaults.

    OTOH, if you have a retail Windows XP CD-ROM, follow the clean installation routine here:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Jan 10, 2005

    Hi, what happens if you werent given a restore cd with your computer......I
    have restored my HP to factory once before but i dont remember how i did it
    :) lol. There is someway in an HP to be able to do it without a cd. Someone
    please help.

    Guest, Jan 16, 2005

    Ricky Guest

    When you restart your PC hit F10 at the first HP screen.

    Ricky, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Teresa,

    >> what happens if you werent given a restore cd with your computer..

    In some HP models, the users need to create the Restore CD set themselves. It's best advisable to contact HP to learn more about their recovery process, which varies from model to model, and brand to brand.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, Jan 17, 2005