    options. The Exit and Disable options/entry apparently
    have no effect. Has anyone else seen this and been able
    to disable this. Thanks in advance

    Ken, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Ken

    Lorne Smith Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    news:0a2e01c33f40$f476a960$...
    > Windows XP Home with Integrated 82845 Intel Extreme
    > Graphics. Although my LCD monitor display is set to
    > 1024 X 768 resolution, I constantly get a pop-up message
    > titled "Resolution Notice: For best picture quality,
    > change resolution to 1024 X 768 1:Exit 2:Disable"
    > This message stays up on the screen for approx 5 seconds
    > and then re-appears 1 minute later (continuous cycle). I
    > am running Asteriods game and have tried different
    > compatibility, color and resolution modes for "Run As"
    > options. The Exit and Disable options/entry apparently
    > have no effect. Has anyone else seen this and been able
    > to disable this. Thanks in advance

    Certainly doesn't sound like anything from XP... Does it only happen when
    running Asteroids? If so, it's the game doing it so you'll have to contact
    the game publisher....

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Ken

    goodtennis2

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Ken:
    Gotl the same 'resolution notice' you did. Solved it by reading the users manual for the Monitor. In it, there was an option to disable the resolution notice. It is done by using the buttons on the monitor not the keyboard. Follow the directions on the monitor screen and you can disable the message.

    goodtennis2, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Ken

    Rodger

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Resolution Notice HOW TO TURN IT OFF

    After struggling for months trying to get rid of the irritating popup resolution notice, I finally discovered how to do it. It has nothing to do with Windows or your computer. The resolution notice is coming from your MONITOR.

    I have a NEC LCD 1765 monitor and I read the online manual at www.nec.com which mentions how turn the "resolution notice" on and off. I did it by pressing button #5 on my monitor but the menu selections are not clickable with a mouse. You have to scroll up and down the menu list with Montior Button #4 and then select with Monitor Button #5. I went to the "advanced menu" in this manner and found the menu item for "resolution notice" and selected "OFF".

    I am finally rid of that very irritating popup screen that was driving me crazy.
    Thank God !!! Please spread this information far and wide because I know many others are suffering from this same problem. Good luck...

    Rodger

    Rodger, Jul 2, 2006
  5. Ken

    kdk6d

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a ViewSonic 23" LCD Monitor and found out how to get rid of the "resolution notice" which is always popping up at the wrong time:

    To disable, use the buttons on the front of the montior to do the following:
    * Press #1
    * Use down arrow to highlight Setup Menu and press #2.
    * Use down arrow to highlight Resolution notice and press #2
    * Select Disable and exit!!

    kdk6d, Oct 31, 2006
  6. Ken

    CHRIS B

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0

    Thank you for this advice, I've been trying all afternoon to get rid of this nuisance notice, logged onto this site and hey presto! the answer was there, so simple too. Once again Thank you, Chris.

    CHRIS B, Feb 7, 2007
  7. Ken

    daveservice

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How did you get rid of the resolution notice?

    daveservice, Mar 23, 2007
  8. Ken

    CHRIS B

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    HI Dave, I used the controls on the monitor as someone else suggested, went to set up menu, this gave me other options, one of them being resolution notice, clicked on that and had the option to enable or disable. If you haven't got it sorted by now I hope this helps,. Good luck, Chris

    CHRIS B, Mar 23, 2007