    as to what I can do to recover the file...or what type of program will open
    an *.asd file. Any info is greatly appreciated....please "dumb down"
    Thanks so much

    Guest, Mar 9, 2007

    Graham Mayor Guest

    The crash rescue system is not infallible. If the document is recoverable
    from the crash, then the next time Word is opened it will automatically
    recover it. If the recovery file is incomplete or corrupt, it won't.
    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org