res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Moshiur Rahman Khan

Operating System Windows 2000.
IE 6.X

I can't browse anypage by IE, Please solve me the problem.

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Sandi - Microsoft MVP

H Leboeuf

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Work with AOL as Your ISP
All of a sudden I can't launch I.E. 6 to connect to the internet UNLESS I
have first connected with AOL. If AOL isn't launched and I try to do IE6 I
get this:
C:windows\system\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm If you have AOL or had it then try
this fix.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165474 (i. e. 4, 5. W95/98 5/12/2003)

From: "Michel Desrochers" in a previous post.
I have a workstation running Win98. The IP address is correct. Netstat
results are fine. Tracert to DSB server is fine. When I type in any url I
receive "The Page Cannot be Displayed". The error at the top reads:
"RES://C:/windows/system/shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http://www.google.com

Solution: I finally find that my problem come from a bad deinstallation of
new domain (a spyware come with Kazaa). I downloaded the uninstall program
that came from their web site and then I can access to the internet back.
It was New Net a parasite. http://www.new.net/support/uninstall4_80.exe.
Yours may be different.
KaZaa and all it's parasites
New dot Net, NewNet

If parasites:

Get AdAware and SpyBot and run them both. Keep them up to date.
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that you are unable to browse websites using Internet
Explorer. The system displays the following error message:

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Please try these steps and check if the issue is resolved:

1. Click on start -> Run -> type "regsvr32.exe /i shdocvw.dll" without the
quotes.
2. You should see a dialog box.
3. Press OK then reboot the system.

If the issue is not resolved, Go to Start -> Run and type in the following
command.

1. Regsvr32.exe /i shdoc401.dll

Next enter this command

2. Regsvr32.exe shdoclc.dll
3. Reboot the system.

Please let me know whether the error is displayed while you open internet
explorer when you are not connected to your ISP or it is displayed all the
times.

Thank you,

Rashmi

| From: "Moshiur Rahman Khan" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Moshiur Rahman Khan" <[email protected]>
| Subject: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm
| Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 11:58:41 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| Operating System Windows 2000.
| IE 6.X
|
| I can't browse anypage by IE, Please solve me the problem.
|
| res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Hello Rashmi!

I too am experiencing a similar problem on one of my PCs.
I have two Gateway Computers networked to a cable modem
via Microsoft Base station. Both are running Windows 98
SE.

This morning I downloaded Spyware X-Terminator and it
removed some spyware from my computer. Since then, I have
been unable to access the internet from the PC I ran the
program on. The other PC still works fine and can access
the net.

The affected PC returns a "Cannot Display Page" and this
in the address bar: res:shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

When I follow your directions posted above, I get this
message after running "Regsvr32.exe shdoclc.dll":

"shdoclc.dll was loaded but the DLLRegisterServer entry
point was not found.

DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt
version of shdoclc.dll may be in memory. Consider using
PView to detect and remove it."

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that the system is unable to connect to the Internet and
system displays error message 'cannot display page'.

Please try the suggestion/resolution from the link below and check if it
resolves the issue.

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];175722

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi

| From: <[email protected]>
| Sender: <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm
| Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:59:47 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| Hello Rashmi!
|
| I too am experiencing a similar problem on one of my PCs.
| I have two Gateway Computers networked to a cable modem
| via Microsoft Base station. Both are running Windows 98
| SE.
|
| This morning I downloaded Spyware X-Terminator and it
| removed some spyware from my computer. Since then, I have
| been unable to access the internet from the PC I ran the
| program on. The other PC still works fine and can access
| the net.
|
| The affected PC returns a "Cannot Display Page" and this
| in the address bar: res:shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm
|
| When I follow your directions posted above, I get this
| message after running "Regsvr32.exe shdoclc.dll":
|
| "shdoclc.dll was loaded but the DLLRegisterServer entry
| point was not found.
|
| DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt
| version of shdoclc.dll may be in memory. Consider using
| PView to detect and remove it."
|
| Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated!
|
| Thank you!

PA Bear

Posted six (6) hours ago:
PA Bear--

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I cannot thank you enough for your help! The PC internet
connection is up and running again thanks to you!

I do appreciate all of your help!

Jason
--
~PA Bear