    to publish apps (Quickbooks and Office 2003) and if clients are
    strictly using terminal services if they need 2003 server CALS?

    , Aug 30, 2006

  2. Guest Guest

    This should be done before purchasing hardware, but here's info tho help:

    Server Scaling and Load Balancing
    http://www.sessioncomputing.com/scaling.htm

    Application Installation:
    http://www.sessioncomputing.com/aplications.htm

    Terminal Server Licensing:
    http://www.sessioncomputing.com/licensing.htm

    You'll need 1 Windows CAL and 1 Terminal Server CAL for each user/person or
    for each client device. You'll also need one Microsoft Office License for
    for each user/person or for each client device.

    Only the Enterprise Edition of Quickbooks is supported on Terminal Server,
    however Vera Noest [MVP] has some great tips here on getting the other
    versions working:

    http://ts.veranoest.net/ts_apps_qb.htm

    Application publishing is NOT a feature of Terminal Server, so users either
    run a full desktop, or a single application. If you need application
    publishing you'd need an application like Provision Networks Management
    Framework, Citrix Presentation Server or Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect.

    http://www.sessioncomputing.com/add-on.htm#suites

    --
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server