    sum of that into the report Footer for a Grand Total. Is there anyway to put
    the grand total on the same page of a multi column report instead of it
    printing on a new page??

    Guest, Dec 20, 2005

  2. John Foster wrote:

    >I have a multicolumn report that I sum all the information and have place the
    >sum of that into the report Footer for a Grand Total. Is there anyway to put
    >the grand total on the same page of a multi column report instead of it
    >printing on a new page??

    If the columns are Down then Across, the first column might
    use the entire page height and not leave room for the report
    footer. If you use Across then Down, the columns will fill
    evenly and the report footer can be printed on the same page
    (if there is room).

    A different idea that can be used if you do not need the
    entire report width for the report footer is to create a top
    level group on a constant expression such as =1 and use this
    group's footer instead of the report footer.

    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Marshall Barton, Dec 20, 2005

    Marshall didn't really work, for one it put the totals for each group. I
    guess I should have given you more information. I am using the group footer
    to sum everything first, then I put the grand totals in the report footer. I
    am not using the details section at all.

    Guest, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Not sure which "it" didn't work. If it was the idea of
    using a group footer, then it sounds like you did not create
    a new top level group using the expression =1.
    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Marshall Barton, Dec 20, 2005

    Marshall the report currently has 4 columns in it, the labels are being
    hidden by code, so that I get something like this.

    Lbl Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4
    "" "" "" "" ""

    THe columns are the length of the whole page. When I tried to group on -1
    and ran the report it asked me for the value of -1(maybe I don't know what
    you are asking me to do exactly) but it ran and did the following.

    lbl Data1 Total Data2 Total Data3 Total Data4 Total. and
    what I would like is

    lbl Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Total

    If it would help I could send you a copy of the DB and show you what it is
    doing. Please let me know.

    Guest, Dec 21, 2005
  6. Oh boy, what you are describing now is completely different
    from what I thought you were were asking about before. Your
    original post asked about getting the report footer grand
    total on the same page as the last detail. I.e. I thought
    you had:

    Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4
    "" "" "" ""
    "" "" ""
    "" "" ""
    "" "" ""
    Grand Total nnnn

    Then I said IF it was acceptable to show the grand total in
    the last data column:

    Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4
    "" "" "" ""
    "" "" "" ----------
    "" "" "" nnnn
    "" "" ""

    So I am completely lost as to how we got from the original
    question to what you now seem to be asking for. Actually,
    for what you now seem to be asking about, I not only don't
    see a way to do that, I can see how it would be meaninful in
    a report.

    As for you being prompted for -1, it's probably because you
    didn't set the Sorting and Grouping Field/Expression to =1
    as I suggested.
    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]