    article q26057 without any success, even though the symptoms match my
    scenario.

    Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Voytek, Jan 9, 2004

  2. The kb article number you provided isn't correct, it is missing one number
    (there should be six numbers). Are you referring to kb 260575 that
    outlines how to reset the secure channel?

    How long was this machine shutdown? DCs are not designed to be offline and
    not communicating with one another - this breaks replication due to a
    busted secure channel. If that machine has been offline for longer than
    the tombstone lifetime period (by default it is 60 days) you need to
    rebuild that machine.

    If you have SP4 installed you can force the machine down to a member server
    in a workgroup and remove Active Directory from it using dcpromo
    /forceremoval (see kb 332199), perform a metadata cleanup of that machine's
    computer account from Active Directory on the other DC per kb 216498, join
    that machine back to the domain as a member server then promote it again as
    a DC.

    David Pharr,

    --------------------

    David Pharr [MSFT], Jan 11, 2004

  3. Voytek

    Voytek Guest

    Thank you for your responses everyone.

    Yes I was referring to kb 260575.

    The error was always "access denied".

    I actually managed to solve the problem by:
    1. stopping the KKDC service on the other server - one that held all
    the FSMO roles
    2. resetting the password on both domain controllers using Netdom
    utility and
    3. Forcing the replication with Repadmin
    4. restarting KKDC service on FSMO DC.

    Thank you for your responses and for the link to intra-domain
    replication troubleshooting article.

    Voytek

    Voytek, Jan 12, 2004