    existing card are gone from my system before installing the new card.

    What's the best procedure to follow to accomplish this?

    Thanks!

    BRH, Jul 19, 2003

  2. BRH

    jdub Guest

    GO into add remove programs and remove anything there that
    is related to your current sound card then go to start
    then programs and make sure programs relating to you sound
    card are removed if not use the uninstall feature for that
    piticular program. Then go into to device manager and
    remove all devices in the sound game controller that are
    your current sound card

    with a Turtle
    >Beach Santa Cruz card. I want to be sure that all

    remnants of the

    jdub, Jul 19, 2003

  3. HMMM the best is to format your disc and reinstall from scratch.

    But you could unistall the drives of the Live reboot and then shutdown
    and instal the new card restart and it shoudl auto dectect install
    drives if XP has them if not install the drives manualy AND then you
    will have a new sound card working i hope.

    bye.

    Though the format option is the best bet to be realy realy sure, good
    to do every six months or so, but with XP i have had very rare reasons
    to reinstall.

    Live For The One Die For The One, Jul 19, 2003
  4. BRH

    Malke Guest

    Live For The One Die For The One wrote:

    > HMMM the best is to format your disc and reinstall from scratch.
    >
    > But you could unistall the drives of the Live reboot and then shutdown
    > and instal the new card restart and it shoudl auto dectect install
    > drives if XP has them if not install the drives manualy AND then you
    > will have a new sound card working i hope.
    >
    > Though the format option is the best bet to be realy realy sure, good
    > to do every six months or so, but with XP i have had very rare reasons
    > to reinstall.
    >

    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:22:08 -0400, BRH <"bertrh<no-spam>"@attbi.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I want to replace my existing SoundBlaster Live soundcard with a
    >>Turtle >>Beach Santa Cruz card. (snip)
    >>What's the best procedure to follow to accomplish this?

    *THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE* from Live..etc.! I don't normally commit the
    "typing in capitals" sin, but I really wanted to get your attention.
    Just go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the drivers and programs
    connected with your SBLive card. Then shut down the machine and
    physically remove the card. At that point, I like to restart the
    machine without the new card just to go back in and be sure that there
    are no entries left in Add/Remove Programs and in Device Manager. Then
    install your new Santa Cruz card in the machine, following the
    instructions that came with the card. Generally, you would just shut
    down, physically put the card in the computer, restart, and then
    install the drivers and any other related software, but you should
    always read the manual first.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jul 20, 2003
  5. BRH

    BRH Guest

    Thx for the reply, Malke. Don't worry -- I knew that the previous reply was
    more than just a bit over the top.

    BRH, Jul 20, 2003