    Text then change field property to text but get same message as above.

    Thanks in advance.

    Grant

    Grant, May 11, 2004

  2. Hi Grant,

    Have you checked the tables relationship within the Relationship window
    (Tools > Relationship). I would suspect that the field you are trying to
    change is used within the Relationship window. Thereby, delete whatever
    relationship this table has and then close and save your changes. Then try
    to make whatever change you need to make to the field.

    I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
    respond back to this posting.

    Regards,

    Eric Butts
    Microsoft Access Support

    "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
    you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
    Security Bulletin MS03-026
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
    to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
    the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
    to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

    --------------------

    Eric Butts [MSFT], May 11, 2004

  3. Grant

    Guest Guest

    Also, make sure to scroll up and down, and right and left in the Relationships window to make sure there isn't anything your not seeing. The window is particularly large and sometimes there is a relationship out of your view that you don't realize is there

    Corrina Burnle
    Burnley Data Solution
    www.burnleydatasolutions.com

    Guest, May 11, 2004
  4. Grant

    Grant Guest

    Confirmed - nothing in relationship window
    In the Relationship screen under File there is a Print Relationship option
    and there is nothing to print.

    Regards
    Grant

    "Eric Butts [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Grant,
    >
    > Have you checked the tables relationship within the Relationship window
    > (Tools > Relationship). I would suspect that the field you are trying to
    > change is used within the Relationship window. Thereby, delete whatever
    > relationship this table has and then close and save your changes. Then

    try
    > to make whatever change you need to make to the field.
    >
    > I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
    > respond back to this posting.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Butts
    > Microsoft Access Support
    >
    > "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
    > Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
    > you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
    > Security Bulletin MS03-026
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
    > to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to

    install
    > the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will

    help
    > to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

    > --------------------
    > | From: "Grant" <>
    > | Subject: Removing Lookup Field from Table
    > | Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:20 +1000
    > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

    cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP10

    Grant, May 12, 2004
  5. Grant

    John Vinson Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:20 +1000, "Grant"
    <> wrote:

    >Running Access XP
    >How does one remove a lookup field from a table.
    >I have gone into the relationships area and there are no relationships
    >visible.

    The blankety-blank Lookup Wizard often conceals the relationships it
    creates. Two suggestions:

    - Open the relationships window, select the table, and choose View
    Direct.

    - Or, run this small tactical nuclear device, probably with additional
    code to limit its damage, and certainly on a COPY of your database;

    Sub KillAllRelations()
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rel As Relation
    Dim inti As Integer
    Set db = DBEngine(0)(0)
    For inti = db.Relations.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1
    Set rel = db.Relations(inti)
    Debug.Print "Deleting relation "; rel.Name, rel.Table,
    rel.ForeignTable
    db.Relations.Delete rel.Name
    End Sub

    John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
    http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

    John Vinson, May 12, 2004
  6. Grant

    Jeff Conrad Guest

    >The blankety-blank Lookup Wizard often conceals the
    >relationships it creates.

    <chuckle>

    Humm...afraid of the FCC decency crackdown John?
    <g>

    --
    Jeff Conrad
    Access Junkie