Remove (blank) form pivot table

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions' started by Alonso, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. Alonso

    Alonso Guest

    Hi

    It's there a way to get rid of the (blank)s in a pivot table??

    usually, what I do it's unselect the checkbox in the menu

    however, if i do this now, since the label it's one of many Row Labels
    if I uncheck it, the whole row goes into oblivion

    manually, directly on the pivot table
    can't be done
    an error appears
    "cannot chance part of this pivot table"

    one way i found it's filling with zeroes the data table
    but it has to be done manually, due the fact that the data it's going to be
    updating once a week

    it's there an PT option
    on something that allows to NOT SHOW the (blank)s without affecting the
    table??

    Alonso, Oct 21, 2008

  2. Hi,

    I'm not clear on the goal here - are you trying to get rid of the words
    (blank) but keep the row in view?

    In that case are you asking to have a row without titles in the row area?

    A few points:
    - You CAN type over the word (blank) if you want to put another title in
    there.
    - What you can't do is clear it (pressing delete) because that would create
    a category without a name in the cache, which is not allowed
    - You can type a Spacebar in the cell (not something I like but its OK)
    - You can change the font color to white for that cell.
    - You can set the cell's format to the Custom ;;; which hide any entry.
    - You can apply conditional formatting to hide cells containing the word
    (blank).

    If this helps, please check the Yes button.
    --
    Thanks,
    Shane Devenshire

    ShaneDevenshire, Oct 22, 2008