Remove and reinstall TCP/IP

Danny Sanders

I am getting event ID 4191. Windows 2k Advanced server SP3.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q284955
This article has you remove then reinstall TCP/IP.

I can highlight TCP/IP in the properties of the NIC, but the "uninstall"
button is inaccessible as soon as I do.
If it matters there are 2 NICs in this server, only one enabled, but the
same thing happens if I change which NIC is enabled and try to remove
TCP/IP.

Any other way to uninstall then re install TCP/IP?

Thanks
Danny

phoenix

I am getting event ID 4191. Windows 2k Advanced server SP3.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q284955
This article has you remove then reinstall TCP/IP.

I can highlight TCP/IP in the properties of the NIC, but the "uninstall"
button is inaccessible as soon as I do.
If it matters there are 2 NICs in this server, only one enabled, but the
same thing happens if I change which NIC is enabled and try to remove
TCP/IP.

Any other way to uninstall then re install TCP/IP?

Thanks
Danny

Hi

Have you tried this Q299451 KB article?

Regards

Bill

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

If the suggestions in the Q299451 KB article do not work, try to apply
basic security template in your computer.

309689 HOW TO: Apply Predefined Security Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309689

Thanks.

--------------------
| From: phoenix <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Remove and reinstall TCP/IP
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
|
| On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:54:21 -0600, Danny Sanders wrote:
|
| > I am getting event ID 4191. Windows 2k Advanced server SP3.
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q284955
| > This article has you remove then reinstall TCP/IP.
| >
| > I can highlight TCP/IP in the properties of the NIC, but the "uninstall"
| > button is inaccessible as soon as I do.
| > If it matters there are 2 NICs in this server, only one enabled, but the
| > same thing happens if I change which NIC is enabled and try to remove
| > TCP/IP.
| >
| > Any other way to uninstall then re install TCP/IP?
| >
| > Thanks
| > Danny
|
| Hi
|
| Have you tried this Q299451 KB article?
|
| Regards
|
| Bill

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for posting the results here. It is a pleasure to work with you and
we look forward to seeing you in the newsgroups again.

--------------------
| From: "Danny Sanders" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Remove and reinstall TCP/IP
| Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:20:47 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
|
| Article Q299451 did it for me.
|
| Thanks
|
| DDS
| | > Hello,
| >
| > If the suggestions in the Q299451 KB article do not work, try to apply
| > basic security template in your computer.
| >
| > 309689 HOW TO: Apply Predefined Security Templates in Windows 2000
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309689
| >
| > Thanks.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: phoenix <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: Remove and reinstall TCP/IP
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
| > |
| > | On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:54:21 -0600, Danny Sanders wrote:
| > |

| "uninstall"
| the

| > |