    System/Authority or something like that.

    Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless why my
    computer keeps doing this.

    Tonja, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Tonja

    Bored Guest

    Sounds like the Blaster Worm/Lovsan
    First, stop the bug from running by hitting CTRL-ALT-DELETE and
    bringing up the task manager. Look for msblast.exe in the list, and
    kill it. Now your computer won't shut down, but the bug is still there
    and will run the next time you start your machine. Go to this URL to
    find out how to get rid of it:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    See www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rpc
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm
    for a quick removal tool for the
    MSBlast worm and a link to the Microsoft patch to prevent future infection.
    Then update your antivirus software and scan your system.

    Bored, Nov 11, 2003
  3. Tonja

    Venkatesh Guest

    Howdy,

    You got Blaster worm virus!!

    Download 2 sets of patches:

    Patch #1:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs edits/msblast.vbs

    Patch #2:

    ** Fix from Microsoft **

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
    url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

    HTH

    ???`?.(*?.?(`?.? ?.??)?.?*).??`??
    ?.............. Venky ...............?
    ???`?.(?.??(?.?* *?.?)`?.?).??`??

    Venkatesh [MCSD] [CCNA]

    Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2003
  4. It appears your computer has been infected with the Blaster virus. For more
    information and how to fix this please see follow this link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/main.asp

    Thanks,
    Marc Reynolds
    Microsoft Technical Support

    --------------------

    Marc Reynolds [MSFT], Nov 11, 2003
  5. Greetings --

    If you've connected the PC to the Internet without having first
    enabling a firewall, without having first installed an antivirus
    application with current virus definition files, and/or before
    installing the KB824146 Hotfix, you're very likely to have been
    infected from any of the thousands of PCs on the Internet that are
    constantly broadcasting the Blaster and/or Welchia worms. It only
    takes a few seconds of exposure.

    To stay on-line long enough to get the necessary updates, patches,
    and removal tools, click Start > Run, and enter "shutdown -a" when the
    next RPC countdown begins. This will abort the shut down. Also, make
    sure you've enabled a firewall before starting, to preclude any more
    intrusions while getting the updates/patches/tools.

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-39
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

    What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm

    W32.Blaster.Worm a.k.a. W32/Lovesan.Worm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    W32.Welchia.Worm a.k.a. W32/Nachi.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html

    W32.Welchia.Worm Removal Tool
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.removal.tool.html

    McAfee AVERT Stinger
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Tonja

    User Guest

    Lot's of great posts, But if they can't stay on line long
    enough to get the fix they don't do much good !!!!!!

    Tell them how to shut it down !!!!!!!!

    User, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Greetings --

    As my post said, click Start > Run, and enter "shutdown -a" when

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 11, 2003