Remote Desktop-without logging current user off

Discussion in 'Windows XP Work Remotely' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2005.

    I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
    with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

    Guest, Jun 16, 2005

    Matt Gibson Guest

    No.

    There are methods which will let you do this, but involve things that are
    not supported or endorsed by Microsoft.

    Matt Gibson - GSEC

    Matt Gibson, Jun 16, 2005

  3. As Matt noted that is not normally supported with Remote Desktop... There is a shadow function that
    may work for you...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656

    If this is a "Help Desk" function you could also look into using Remote Assistance...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/remoteassist/intro.mspx

    You can even "offer" assistance since your in a domain environment...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301527
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310629
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306496

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 16, 2005
  4. Correction... That should read...

    "You can even "offer" assistance if your in a domain environment..."

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 16, 2005

    em3g

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    The reason that remote desktop doesn't allow you to do this is because of user licenses. normally windows is made to use 1 license per pc. So you cannot use concurrent users. It shows you one user at a time as the license determines this. To hack this, use this guide and you will be able to use the same machine to host concurrent accounts. it works.

    http://www.missingremote.com/guide/how-enable-concurrent-sessions-windows-7-service-pack-1-rtm

    For windows 7 without service pack:

    http://www.missingremote.com/guide/...-sessions-windows-7-rtm?destination=node/3447

    Nicely done....:thumb: