    public IP address.

    Can someone point me to information that will help me set this up??

    Thanks in Advance

    LAByerly, Oct 27, 2009

  2. LAByerly

    David B. Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx

    David B., Oct 27, 2009

  3. Hi
    The public IP has to be known to you and it does not matter if it is static
    or not, as long as you know what the current IP.
    Means to deal with dynamic WAN IP here, http://www.ezlan.net/myip.html
    If the computer is behind a Router and thus the computer has a local IP.
    The Remote Desktop Port as be opened through the Router toward the
    Computer's IP.
    This operation has to be done locally by the remote user. I.e. you have to
    instruct the user how to open a port through his Router.
    If you are not familiar with Port Forwarding, this site has a list of most
    common consumers Routers with instruction to how-to.
    Means to deal with dynamic WAN IP here, http://www.ezlan.net/myip.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 27, 2009
  4. LAByerly

    LAByerly Guest

    Thanks for the info - I figured that might be the case.

    LAByerly, Jan 14, 2010