    computer again". This only happens when I connect to one
    particular computer. I have three computer that I remote
    desktop on but only one gives me this error.

    Joe, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Joe

    bigred Guest

    I'm getting the exact same error...it's very frustrating!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
    happening?

    bigred, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Joe

    Todd F Guest

    I am getting the same encryption error while connecting to a Microsoft
    2003 server from a Windows 2000 Pro client using the latest Remote
    Desktop client that was released in May '03. Any ideas or suggestions
    for this issue would be appreciated.

    Todd F, Aug 6, 2003
  4. This error isn't easy to diagnose - the main cause is network
    corruption/transmission problems, but an update (sevice
    pack/hotfix/etc) that wasn't installed properly can do the same thing.

    Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)

    Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.us

    Jeffrey Randow (MVP), Aug 10, 2003
  5. Joe

    Harris Guest

    problem connecting to the server, but via the internet, I
    get the error. On my LINKSYS router, I have port 3389
    opened under FORWARDING, but this didn't correct the
    error.

    Someone said that this is a Linksys Router problem, but I
    am doubting this, as the problem occurs with other users
    without this router.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Harris, Aug 14, 2003
  6. There are a few issues with Linksys Routers with recent firmware and
    Remote Desktop. Take a look at the Linksys forum at
    http://www.dslreports.com for more information.

    Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)

    Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.net

    Jeffrey Randow (MVP), Aug 14, 2003
  7. Joe

    Dennis Vacca Guest

    I am having this same problem and I am using a Linksys
    Router. Now that I think about it, I've just upgraded
    the firmware too. Anyone have any input? I am on my way
    now to check the Linksys Website. I'll post back if I
    find anything out.

    Dennis Vacca, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Joe

    asslan

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    asslan, Jan 21, 2007
  9. Joe

    shennig

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This may help someone

    Hi folks, have has a bit of same issue, in short, found that with my nvidia setup on machine, i let it install its network manager which interfered with microsoft encruption scheme (even though I didn't "use it"), when i uninstalled nvidia's network access manager, problem dissappereaer. No offense to nvidia or others but like all 3rd party venders, if they offer something that does what is already built into windows, then better off not installing it, windows likes only taling to istef in its own language.. :cool:

    shennig, Feb 25, 2008
  10. Joe

    jcjenk

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Solution!!

    I know this is an old thread but the problem still exists.

    Ok, been running Windows Server 2008 for about a year. Windows Update stopped working about a 2 weeks after setting up the server. Also, RDP was always spotty. Disconnect instantly on connect or sometimes would give you a minute or two. But was alway that encryption error.

    Anyway go to NIC properties and DISABLE "offload TCP Largesend" Once I did this, I lost remote desktop for a few minutes then it came back automatically. Haven't lost the connection sense and it has been about an hour. I decided to try my update again and it is working!!!! That one change fixed both remote desktop and windows updates!

    I couldn't find answers to either of these problems anywhere but this works.

    jcjenk, Sep 14, 2009
  11. Joe

    coxrui

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you jcjenk :)

    You solved my problem. I'm using Windows 7 and when i use the remote desktop connection i have that problem of after 2 seconds lost connection with remote computer.

    I follow your instruction and give the value: off to the Task Offload in the Advanced Settings of my network controller.

    I don't know if this error is something related on new drivers that windows update install or something else, but now the Remote Desktop is working well.

    Many thanks.

    :)

    coxrui, Nov 25, 2009
  12. Joe