Remote access to router behind router

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Fritz!Box and have fitted three of them for different folks, each with remote access configured via DynDNS so I can alter any settings when needed. At one place I have one fitted, with another configured as a WDS repeater, which works great. But what I would really like to do is configure port forwarding so that I can use Remote Access on the repeater, but my efforts so far have failed. The repeater has Remote Access enabled, and DHCP server disabled, and I can access it from the internal network no problem on 192.168.178.10 but when I forward a port to this address it doesn't work. Any suggestions, or am I trying something impossible?

Reaction score
Any comments? This isn't unique to Fritz!Box, I tried once with a Netgear but failed there too. If you can remote access other equipment then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to remote access a second router, but if this really is not possible then please say so too.
Thanks in advance - for good news or bad!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I dunno what a Fbox is, but you cannot attach two Routers together and expect them to work, if that's what your asking?

:user:

Reaction score
I have it the second one configured as a wireless repeater, which works great as it boosts the signal for the laptop, and serves the desktop via ethernet. It works great, but I would like to be able to use the Remote Access feature on it as well as the 'main' one so I can configure it as though I were beside it. I thought Port Forwarding should allow me to do this but perhaps not?

Ask a Question