    up after a given period of time. Any ideas on why or how to overcome?
    --
    Dave Wolf

    DaveWolf, Apr 1, 2008

  2. DaveWolf <> wrote:

    > When a reminder is created for a Sent email, that reminder does not
    > appear. This seems odd, since that would be logical to flag a sent
    > message for follow up after a given period of time. Any ideas on why
    > or how to overcome?

    What type of account?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Apr 1, 2008

  3. DaveWolf

    DaveWolf Guest

    Our users are all on Exchange Server. The same problem exists on POP3 accounts.

    The odd thing is that Outlook allows users to set flags on emails (which
    appear and function as expected) as well as to set Reminders to notify users
    for follow up. This creates a false sense of security for those who set
    reminders - especially since the reminders work on some emails but not
    others, even though all APPEAR to have the reminders properly set.
    --
    Dave Wolf

    DaveWolf, Apr 2, 2008
  4. DaveWolf <> wrote:

    > Our users are all on Exchange Server. The same problem exists on POP3
    > accounts.
    >
    > The odd thing is that Outlook allows users to set flags on emails
    > (which appear and function as expected) as well as to set Reminders
    > to notify users for follow up. This creates a false sense of security
    > for those who set reminders - especially since the reminders work on
    > some emails but not
    > others, even though all APPEAR to have the reminders properly set.

    Are these messages in the delivery location Sent Items folder?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Apr 2, 2008
  5. DaveWolf

    DaveWolf Guest

    That was where we first noticed the problem - in the Sent Items folder. We
    also noted that other messages that we had sent (even to ourselves) would not
    trigger reminders. Additionally, we have tried moving the messages to other
    folders, however that hasn't caused the reminders to trigger either.

    Thanks,
    --
    Dave Wolf

    DaveWolf, Apr 3, 2008
  6. DaveWolf <> wrote:

    > That was where we first noticed the problem - in the Sent Items
    > folder.

    ....snip...
    > Additionally, we have tried moving the messages to other
    > folders, however that hasn't caused the reminders to trigger either.

    What version of Outlook? For Outlook 2007, I believe all of your delivery
    location folders will fire reminders. In Outlook versions prior to that,
    reminders won't fire from any folder not a default and then only the Inbox,
    Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders, from what I read at Microsoft's web
    site.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Apr 3, 2008
  7. DaveWolf

    DaveWolf Guest

    Outlook 2003 is what we use.

    We found a utility named "Extended Reminders" that will correct the issue -
    we're testing it for a trial period - and it appears to do the job that
    Microsoft neglected. It costs $15 per seat (less in volume) to fix the
    reminder issue. Makes one wonder whether the utility's authors were part of
    the design team for Outlook, then crafted an after-market solution in their
    garage!? The "free market" is an interesting phenomenon.

    Oh well.

    Thanks much for the assistance!
    --
    Dave Wolf

    DaveWolf, Apr 4, 2008
  8. No, I wrote Extended Reminders to fill a need that MS didn't.

    --
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP - Outlook]
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

    Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook], Apr 4, 2008
  9. DaveWolf

    DaveWolf Guest

    Ken, I certainly appreciate your writing the utility.

    It simply seemed like too obvious an omission on MS's part - and the fact
    that it ALLOWED reminders to be set that would never trigger. It sounds like
    MS resolved it in 2007, but with the economy being what it is a firm-wide
    upgrade to that version is probably down the road a bit. (Maybe we'll skip a
    version and wait for Office 20xx)

    If our users find a benefit in it, we will definitely purchase the Extended
    Reminders licenses! Thanks again.
    --
    Dave Wolf

    DaveWolf, Apr 4, 2008