    remembering where and the size of the windows.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Chris

    Panic Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a way in XP for the computer to remember the windows
    > positions during a reboot. Similar to hybernating but just
    > remembering where and the size of the windows.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    I wouldn't think so since Windows shuts down all running programs as part of
    its shutdown procedure (I think).
    When it shuts down the programs that closes all windows before the final
    shutdown. So when you reboot not only will the windows NOT be in the
    previous positions.... they will not be open at all.

    Panic, Apr 1, 2007

  3. Chris

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Try this.

    Open Folder Options....
    Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
    View tab | Select both: Remember each folder's view settings and Restore
    previous folder windows at logon

    Remember each folder's view settings
    [[Specifies that the individual folder settings are retained whenever you
    close and then reopen the folder. When this box is not selected, all folder
    settings return to the default when the folder is closed and then
    reopened.]]

    Restore previous folder windows at logon
    [[Specifies that the folder and browser windows you leave open when you log
    off from your computer will be restored the next time you log on to your
    computer.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    Chris <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Apr 1, 2007
  4. Chris

    Guest Guest

    What if I do not want top re-open all the last windows but I do want to keep
    the windows size and positions unchnanged from boot to boot?? This is really
    pain for me too to always manually restore all the windows sizes and
    positions. It appears that there is no clear mechanism to achieve that
    automatically.

    Guest, May 26, 2007