relisys 15 inch LCD monitor crap or what

Reaction score
Am I the only person to think that wished he had never upgraded from a crt monitor to lcd. Trying to read text when surfing the web is a nightmare eye strain or what. I know relisys offers a value for money but the crt I had was a budget samsung 17 crt and was miles better. wish I had not botherd.
:angry:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Martin,

Just out of interest, which OS are you using - is it Windows XP? I think I may be able to help your problem!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK... try this:

Right Click on your desktop and click properties
Click the apperance tab
Click Effects
Tick "smooth edges of screen fonts"
and select "Clear type"

"OK" everything and see what it looks like :)

Reaction score
No joy it made the text slightly thicker but more blured, I have swapped the relisys into my daughters room as she hardly uses her pc and I am always on mine. Mabey I should have invested more cash for a better brand name monitor:roll:

Reaction score
Mabye you or someone could give me some additional advice? Should you set the screen refresh rate as high ass poss for best picture without flicker ect.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, screen refresh at max!

If you tell me what is wrong about the display exactly and I will try and think of some solutions.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nope, your not alone ...

... I have used LCD/TFT monitors, you can keep 'em all.

I'll stick with a good CRT anyday. :D

Sorry that don't make you feel any better.

Reaction score
Everyone always argues that LCDs have come a long way, and I agree, the latency keeps getting better and better, and higher-end ones don't have the ghosting problem anymore. However, I think nothing can beat an aperture-grille CRT. The colors are great, everything is crisp. What else could you ask for? Also, you get used to the flat screen. I think I would buy a high-end 17" screen before a low-end 19" screen. I just can't stand curved screens now.

Same thing with TVs. Now that I've had my 40" Sony Wega Trinitron XBR for a while, I'd never go back to a curved TV, or up to a projection tv, for that matter.

Ask a Question