    Subject: test
    Sent: 29/6/2004 12:40 PM

    '' on 29/6/2004 12:40 PM
    550 5.7.1 <>...
    Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [61.88.94.75]

    I have tried all I can think of and it's making me
    nuts !!!
    Thanks

    Clint, Jun 29, 2004

  2. That error means the mail server is trying to do a reverse lookup on the ip
    and it fails, so it;s not accepting mail. You'll need to contact the host
    and ask them to fix the rDNS records.

    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=61.88.94.75

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
    Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Jun 29, 2004

  3. Clint wrote:

    > Can anyone help me with this problem. I am getting this
    > error message when I am trying to send an email.
    >
    > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
    > recipients.

    > 550 5.7.1 <>...
    > Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [61.88.94.75]

    It looks like the mail server you are trying to relay through doesn't like
    the fact that your reverse DNS is broken. If I were you, I'd contact
    and ask them to fix it.

    Thor

    --
    http://www.anta.net/