Relative positioning

Discussion in 'Microsoft ASP .NET' started by Arne Vajhøj, May 12, 2012.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/11/2012 9:46 PM, Zach wrote:
    > If I absolutely position say an image, I can subsequently position
    > something relative to that image. However if I use <center> to position
    > the image, I don't seem to be able to relatively position something
    > relative to that image. How should I proceed if I wish to do that?

    You should not use the CENTER tag. You should use CSS.

    Unfortunately my CSS skills are not sufficient to say how to
    do what you want with CSS.

    Arne

    Zach, May 12, 2012

  3. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/12/2012 7:24 PM, Zach wrote:
    > "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >> On 5/11/2012 9:46 PM, Zach wrote:
    >>> If I absolutely position say an image, I can subsequently position
    >>> something relative to that image. However if I use <center> to position
    >>> the image, I don't seem to be able to relatively position something
    >>> relative to that image. How should I proceed if I wish to do that?

    >> You should not use the CENTER tag. You should use CSS.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately my CSS skills are not sufficient to say how to
    >> do what you want with CSS.

    > Yes, I did use css --- I used <center> once to position one element, and
    > positioned the subsequent element relative to the one centred element -
    > using css, I also used css for subsequent elements. However it doesn't
    > work. So now I am wondering, how, using CSS and relative positioning,
    > you can engineer the site in such a way that it centres when the screen
    > is maximised / minimised.

    Try replace the center tag with some CSS and ask the question
    in a HTML/CSS group.

    It is not ASP.NET specific so ant HTML/CSS expert should be
    able to help.

    Arne

    PS: The alternative to replacing the center tag is to put
    on the asbestos suit.

    Arne Vajhøj, May 12, 2012
  4. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    > On 5/11/2012 9:46 PM, Zach wrote:
    >> If I absolutely position say an image, I can subsequently position
    >> something relative to that image. However if I use <center> to position
    >> the image, I don't seem to be able to relatively position something
    >> relative to that image. How should I proceed if I wish to do that?

    > You should not use the CENTER tag. You should use CSS.
    >
    > Unfortunately my CSS skills are not sufficient to say how to
    > do what you want with CSS.
    >
    > Arne

    Arne,

    Yes, I did use css --- I used <center> once to position one element, and
    positioned the subsequent element relative to the one centred element -
    using css, I also used css for subsequent elements. However it doesn't work.
    So now I am wondering, how, using CSS and relative positioning, you can
    engineer the site in such a way that it centres when the screen is maximised
    / minimised.
    Regards,

    Zach.

    Zach, May 13, 2012
  5. Arne Vajhøj

    Zach Guest

    > On 5/12/2012 7:24 PM, Zach wrote:
    >> "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> You should not use the CENTER tag. You should use CSS.
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately my CSS skills are not sufficient to say how to
    >>> do what you want with CSS.

    >> Yes, I did use css --- I used <center> once to position one element, and
    >> positioned the subsequent element relative to the one centred element -
    >> using css, I also used css for subsequent elements. However it doesn't
    >> work. So now I am wondering, how, using CSS and relative positioning,
    >> you can engineer the site in such a way that it centres when the screen
    >> is maximised / minimised.

    > Try replace the center tag with some CSS and ask the question
    > in a HTML/CSS group.
    >
    > It is not ASP.NET specific so ant HTML/CSS expert should be
    > able to help.
    >
    > Arne
    >
    > PS: The alternative to replacing the center tag is to put
    > on the asbestos suit.

    OK.

    PS Women don't want me dressed, and like the enter tag as it is.

    Zach

    Zach, May 14, 2012