Registry Tip of The Day - How to Change The Windows 2008 Terminal Services Licensing Mode Using The

Jon Wallace

Newsgroups are usually used to ask questions and get replies however, as a
refreshing change, hopefully I can offer information first :blush:). I will try
to provide regular (and relevant) tips to the community through various
sources - apologies if this information is already known...

---

TIP : http://www.insidetheregistry.com/regtips/viewtip.asp?tipid=1007

HOW TO CHANGE THE WINDOWS 2008 TERMINAL SERVICES LICENSING MODE USING THE
REGISTRY

The registry value LicensingMode (
http://www.insidetheregistry.com/database/viewvalue.asp?valueid=135 )
controls the Windows 2008 Terminal Services licensing mode (either per-user
or per-device).

To change the licensing mode using the registry change the following
registry value to one of the settings below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Terminal Server
\ RCM \ LicensingCore \ LicensingMode (REG_DWORD)

2 = Per Device Mode
4 = Per User Mode

---

I hope this helps somebody,